1

==I NEED HELP==

darepig •5/24/15 6:23 pm
•
890
•
5/26/2015 1:50 pm
Hey guys I reinstalled windows 7 on my PC due to windows 10 tech preview dying on me and I tried to install minecraft but every time I try to login it just says:

"Sorry, but we couldn't connect to our servers. Please make sure that you are online and that Minecraft is not blocked. (SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create)"

I have checked to see if the servers are up and according to their website they are, I have reinstalled java, deleted .minecraft and tried the launcher again, restarted my computer and restarted my router. All of the above do not work and I am stuck trying to figure out a way to try and fix this problem.

I installed the .jar version on minecraft off minecraft.net and booted it up and everytime I open the .jar version it says:

Bootstrap (v5)
Current time is May 24, 2015 11:20:52 PM
System.getProperty('os.name') == 'Windows 7'
System.getProperty('os.version') == '6.1'
System.getProperty('os.arch') == 'amd64'
System.getProperty('java.version') == '1.8.0_45'
System.getProperty('java.vendor') == 'Oracle Corporation'
System.getProperty('sun.arch.data.model') == '64'

Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Down ... .pack.lzma
Exception: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Down ... .pack.lzma (try 2/10)
Exception: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Down ... .pack.lzma (try 3/10)
Exception: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Down ... .pack.lzma (try 4/10)
Exception: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Down ... .pack.lzma (try 5/10)
Exception: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Down ... .pack.lzma (try 6/10)
Exception: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Down ... .pack.lzma (try 7/10)
Exception: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Down ... .pack.lzma (try 8/10)
Exception: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Down ... .pack.lzma (try 9/10)
Exception: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create
Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Down ... .pack.lzma (try 10/10)
Exception: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create
Unable to download remote file. Check your internet connection/proxy settings.
FATAL ERROR: net.minecraft.bootstrap.FatalBootstrapError: Unable to download while being forced
at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.execute(Bootstrap.java:95)
at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:381)


Please fix the error and restart.


If anyone knows any possible ways to fix this I would be happy to know!
Posted by
darepig
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
0

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

4

darepig
• 05/26/2015 1:50 pm
• Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
My game is not cracked, I have tried disabling my antivirus, I have installed minecraft.exe, there is no firewall restrictions and yes I used the same PC to post this and play Minecraft.
1
Spanky2002
• 05/25/2015 5:55 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
maybe install minecraft exe
1
RoboShadow
• 05/25/2015 6:59 pm
• Level 34 : Artisan System
??? Don't listen to this guy. Try disabling your antivirus and then trying it. Are you using the actual minecraft launcher or are you cracked?
Are you using the same PC to post this and play Minecraft?
1
Pepijn
• 05/24/2015 6:36 pm
• Level 58 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Firewall might be blocking it (or other stuff like virus scanners)
1

Welcome