Need help advertising server

TechDweebGaming's Avatar TechDweebGaming7/5/15 7:43 pm
1 emeralds 136 3
7/6/2015 4:06 pm
raidarr's Avatar raidarr
I'm the head-admin of a newish minecraft server, and I'm looking for some good tips on advertising. I have already posted on a few server websites, and I tried to include plenty of information to make sure players know about us, as well as a link to our site. I would really like to avoid payed advertising as I have heard bad things about it. One thing our server doesn't say is the specs and the fact that its hosted not on some random home computer, but a hosting website, so I would also like to know if that would help. Thanks for the help in advanced guys!

Example of site post (its the same on the other sites) - http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/midgard-a-nordic-empires-production-dw20whitelistsurvivalno-plugins/
TechDweebGaming
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

raidarr
07/06/2015 4:06 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
Social media, starting a youtube could be of some use.

Advertise something interesting. Stand out from the hundreds-thousands of other servers that people will see right along yours. Lure them in...

The mentioned server hall chat is really not very good for advertising, more on the advice end (although try telling that to some of the regular advertisers in there). Most people in there are server owners, with a few staff hunters and the much less likely few players who will join (never mind stay); chances are just voting on sites that are advertised on and providing a resource with all the links for other members to do the same will get many more players.
TechDweebGaming
07/05/2015 10:10 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Ok the chat is a great idea, thx dude! Anyone got anything besides that?
Dr_Steve
07/05/2015 9:11 pm
Level 43 : Master Creeper
You could advertise it in PMC chat in server hall every 15 minutes (NOT lobby!).

Try looking for free advertising when available and other stuff too
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome