1

Need help with F-buttons

ROPROPE •4/29/13 1:04 pm
•
404
•
4/30/2013 10:39 am
Hiya I'm a Windows 8 user and I can't use the F-buttons in my Minecraft D: !
I have tried the FN-solution and it didn't work...
I need help!
Posted by
ROPROPE
Level 5 : Apprentice Pig
8

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

20

BaranCODE
• 04/29/2013 1:07 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
Do they work outside of minecraft?
1
ROPROPE
• 04/29/2013 1:25 pm
• Level 5 : Apprentice Pig
If you mean making the screen dimmer and brighter then sure...
1
twofriends
• 04/29/2013 1:10 pm
• Level 30 : Artisan Blockhead
Dude this feature were removed in 1.7 or something like that.
1
the_soup
• 04/29/2013 1:13 pm
• Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
...? The F-buttons still perform functions in the current version of MC. F1 hides your hotbar, F2 takes a screenshot, etc.
1
-Rusty
• 04/29/2013 4:09 pm
• Level 48 : Master Answer
Soup, he's thinking of pressing 'F' to make the fog distance change I think. xD
1
DuchessFirefly
• 04/29/2013 1:12 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
I use the F button and shift at the same time it works for me and i use windows
I dont know if it will work for you, but i hope it does!
1
BaranCODE
• 04/29/2013 1:29 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
As far as I know, making the screen dimmer and brighter aren't the functions of the F-Buttons, but the FN-buttons.
For example, try pressing F11 in Internet Explorer. Does it go fullscreen?
1
ROPROPE
• 04/29/2013 1:34 pm
• Level 5 : Apprentice Pig
No, it just makes my laptop loud as hell
1
SocialP2
• 04/29/2013 1:36 pm
• Level 25 : Expert Spelunker
IVE GOT WINDOWS 8. SO YOU CAN TRUST ME..

Just press CTRL (Left Side) or ALT or FM also you could press ALT GR and
CTRL (Right side)

Thank you and i hoped this helped

~Social
1
BaranCODE
• 04/29/2013 1:40 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
I also have Win8.
The reason that made your laptop loud is probably because it changed the power of the cooling fan. What I'm assuming is that your F-buttons are currently set to be FN-buttons or similar as default. You need to find the key (FN, Alt, etc.) that uses those F-buttons as F-buttons.
I have experienced the same situation, so I know firsthand.
1
ROPROPE
• 04/29/2013 1:57 pm
• Level 5 : Apprentice Pig
Umm... Any information of how I can set them back?
1
BaranCODE
• 04/29/2013 2:05 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
Could you attach a photo of your keyboard? That would help.

Try the F11 in Internet Explorer thing again, but do it while pressing FN, Alt, CTRL, etc. (one by one, not at the same time)
1
ROPROPE
• 04/29/2013 2:44 pm
• Level 5 : Apprentice Pig
Allright here's the link
http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/ROPRO ... sort=3&o=0
Hope it helps
1
ROPROPE
• 04/29/2013 2:46 pm
• Level 5 : Apprentice Pig
Also, once I tried the F11 thing my computer has started lagging ALOT!
1
BaranCODE
• 04/29/2013 2:53 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
Press the F11 thing again, once or twice, it should bring it back to the normal mode. (If it doesn't work, restart computer, that should certainly work.)

See the blue signs on the buttons? Those are supposed to work only when you are pressing FN (because it is blue). But apparently, they work without pressing FN. I know of computers that can do this, and FN has the opposite effect (it triggers the non-blue signs). But you said the F-buttons don't work when pressing the FN either, so I don't have any idea.
Is it possible the FN button is stuck or something? Cause sometimes the answer to our problems is much simpler than we think.
I don't have any other ideas, sorry.
1
doom_w0lf
• 04/29/2013 2:56 pm
• Level 15 : Journeyman Cake
I use win8 and f- buttons work for me
1
MrPieGuy_314
• 04/29/2013 3:02 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Pony
I'm also a Windows 8 user, and I have the same problem. On my laptop (HP Pavilion G7) you can simply hold shift and press the F key. For example, pressing F11 normally will turn off the sound. Holding shift and pressing it causes it to put MInecraft into fullscreen. Hope I helped.
1
BaranCODE
• 04/29/2013 3:12 pm
• Level 24 : Expert System
That's what I had meant here (find the correct key that works for you):
BaranCODEI also have Win8.
The reason that made your laptop loud is probably because it changed the power of the cooling fan. What I'm assuming is that your F-buttons are currently set to be FN-buttons or similar as default. You need to find the key (FN, Alt, etc.) that uses those F-buttons as F-buttons.
I have experienced the same situation, so I know firsthand.
1
hrtwg535
• 04/29/2013 3:19 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Princess
Hey I have windows 8 and i did have that problem shift + f1/f2 ect

Hope i helped

~Goofy
1
ROPROPE
• 04/29/2013 3:20 pm
• Level 5 : Apprentice Pig
Allrightey, thanks for all the tips!
1
ROPROPE
• 04/30/2013 10:39 am
• Level 5 : Apprentice Pig
Thanks for everyone that sacrificed a bit of their time to help me
I got my F-buttons working again after my internet was off for 3 hrs.
Especially thanks to BaranCODE!
1

Welcome