I Need some help with my server!

atabler's Avatar atabler2/24/14 12:31 pm
1 emeralds 243 6
2/26/2014 12:19 pm
atabler's Avatar atabler
I rlly need some help!

sooo Question 1:
How can the server know im the owner
I have anti-cheat + and whenever I try and make something really long it says i cant place blocks for 10 seconds... my computer is laggy sometimes soo I dont see it till there is like 21 of them... and then it says im hacking and kicks me and moves me into the 'High Hacker' group Im afraid of being banned on my own server by the plugin and i dont think it would ban the owner, How can the server know im the owner? (I alredy know how to make myself op)

Question 2:
does PMC know when my server IP changes?
I don't have a server that I pay for so the IP changes most every day, would PMC know if it changed? Or would it show the old IP?

Question 3:
How do I set the MOTD?
so, I think the motd is the thing it shows under the name of the server you typed in,(please correct me if I'm wrong) and ive seen some servers with that thing colored or blinking... How do I set it and make it different colors?

It is a Warrior cats server so I still need leaders for Cinderclan and Flareclan. and deputys for all the clans!

Please reply if you know the answer!
~KittensAT
atabler
Level 40 : Master Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/26/2014 12:19 pm
atabler
DtigerCSK
atabler
Sooo you cant set the motd in-game? also,, how did you get that Double s thing? I cant find it on my keyboard.

You can't set it in game unless you use a CraftBukkit plugin.

You can use the § symbol by holding down the "alt" key and typing "21" on your number pad. You can also just select and copy it with control+c, then control+v to paste. (With macs it's with the command key.)

ok thanks!
02/25/2014 6:51 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pokemon
DtigerCSK
atabler
Sooo you cant set the motd in-game? also,, how did you get that Double s thing? I cant find it on my keyboard. :(

You can't set it in game unless you use a CraftBukkit plugin.

You can use the § symbol by holding down the "alt" key and typing "21" on your number pad. You can also just select and copy it with control+c, then control+v to paste. (With macs it's with the command key.)
02/25/2014 12:19 pm
atabler
DtigerCSK

3) To set your MOTD, you can edit your server.properties, in the motd= section. to use colors and formatting, use the "§" symbol and the respective color/formatting number/letter after, just like how you would use the "&" symbol in-game, if you have it enabled.

Sooo you cant set the motd in-game? also,, how did you get that Double s thing? I cant find it on my keyboard.
02/24/2014 8:59 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Warrior
preston7791
&1Hi
02/24/2014 8:55 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pokemon
DtigerCSK
1) Use permissions. If you don't want to use permissions, and you are OP status, you can enable OP exemptions from checks in the config.
Ops will not be protected from the checks unless you turn system -> exempt-op to TRUE in the config

If you want to use permissions, add the permission node anticheat.check.exempt.

2) PMC does not take care of dynamic IP's, you will have to take care of that yourself. There are various services out there that can take your dynamic IP and update it to a static hostname.

3) To set your MOTD, you can edit your server.properties, in the motd= section. to use colors and formatting, use the "§" symbol and the respective color/formatting number/letter after, just like how you would use the "&" symbol in-game, if you have it enabled.
02/24/2014 8:43 pm
atabler
Bump!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome