OpenGL patch mod

kaizenworlds's Avatar kaizenworlds4/12/17 1:15 am
1 emeralds 1.4k 2
4/18/2017 1:22 am
kaizenworlds's Avatar kaizenworlds
Minecraft on Mac uses OpenGL 2.1. No idea why as even my crappy old 2011 iMac can handle OpenGL 3.2 and some 4.1 instructions. I have opened this as a bug with Mojang and they simply came back with "Minecraft does not use any features above 2.1" which might be true but for us that use the shaders via Optifine we know there is more out there to enjoy

Now, searching the web I discovered a mod that strips out 2.1 code in favour for 1.4 code, this is for people with very old graphics cards. This makes me curious. Seeing both Windows and Linux minecraft use OpenGL 4.5 can someone write a mod that forces minecraft on the Mac to use OpenGL 4.5, the OS supports it, so does my GTX 960.

I'm no coder hence throwing this out there. Any coder game to tackle this? Would make a lot of Mac Minecrafters happy.
kaizenworlds
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect