Planet Minecraft Popularity Help!

bluedude6709's Avatar bluedude67094/14/15 6:45 pm
1 emeralds 269 9
4/14/2015 8:23 pm
10Andrew's Avatar 10Andrew
How do I get minecraft projects, skins, etc popular? Other than making it look cool. Also, what is a good way to get subs?
bluedude6709
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/14/2015 8:23 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
CatTech
10Andrewa very distinctive profile pic. Make one your self!

Did I nail it?

Completely! Its so unique. Who has ever seen a picture of a cat on the internet?

Nah jk, it's a good pic
04/14/2015 8:19 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Tech
10Andrewa very distinctive profile pic. Make one your self!

Did I nail it?
04/14/2015 8:05 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
PixelCrash_
Azie
10Andrew... but she also has a very distinctive profile pic. Make one your self!

Excellent point. Branding is suuuuuper important. Putting a face to a name helps people remember you when you post and they're more likely to check you out as they see you posting around the site.

OliverFrenchie actually wrote an entire blog on Branding

here's the link: http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/how-to-successfully-brand-yourself/
04/14/2015 7:47 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
PixelCrash_
Posting high quality submissions, advertising in the chatroom (once every 15 minutes), participating in contests, having a distinctive, cool looking profile and avatar.

One thing to remember though, if your only goal is to become "famous", you're doing it wrong. Getting subs takes time and if you don't enjoy building/skinning/etc and the PMC community, your patience is going to run out quickly.
04/14/2015 7:31 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
CalPal_
Azie
10Andrew... but she also has a very distinctive profile pic. Make one your self!

Excellent point. Branding is suuuuuper important. Putting a face to a name helps people remember you when you post and they're more likely to check you out as they see you posting around the site.

Dangit, I should really stop changing my profile picture so much.
04/14/2015 7:29 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie

04/14/2015 7:26 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
Don't expect to level up to 10000 in a couple of days. Post on the forums regularly. Be friendly, funny (and a little sarcastic). Once you get into about level 20, people will start to really take notice of you on the forums and will tend to respect you. Some may even take a look at your work.

Another important way is this. Azie, who has just posted slightly above me, it probably one of the most recognizable on PMC. Mostly because she is a mod but she also has a very distinctive profile pic. Make one your self!
04/14/2015 6:59 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
illdeletethis
participate in contests by experienced users, post at a consistent quality and allow your profile the time to grow
04/14/2015 6:48 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Advertise. Posting links when and where appropriate in the chat room as well as in your forum signature are excellent ways to do so. Adding your ad to your forum signature has the added benefit of generating awareness if you continue to be active in our forum.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome