1

Private server crashing randomly

eliminer01 •9/6/13 11:21 am
•
158
•
9/8/2013 1:15 pm
Hi!
I have a private vanilla server that always run fine with not that much lag, but the past few weeks it has started crashing without reason. I'm not talking about your occasional "Out of Memory" errors, but crashing like once every three minutes. It's not a big server, I played yesterday with just another friend of mine and the server was almost unplayable because of all the crashing. What should I do? I'm running it from a 2011 iMac (and playing on it from the same computer), if that helps.
Posted by
eliminer01
Level 39 : Artisan Robot
18

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

9

aman207
• 09/08/2013 1:15 pm
• Level 40 : Master Cake
Excellent.
1
eliminer01
• 09/08/2013 11:57 am
• Level 39 : Artisan Robot
Nevermind, didn't see the 1G:s until now. Changed it to 2G and it worked, thanks!
1
eliminer01
• 09/08/2013 8:39 am
• Level 39 : Artisan Robot
Ok, here you go:

#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
exec java -Xmx1G -Xms1G -jar minecraft_server.jar

Is that the information you needed?
1
aman207
• 09/07/2013 2:30 pm
• Level 40 : Master Cake
Yes the start command file. Can you post that here?
1
aman207
• 09/07/2013 2:07 am
• Level 40 : Master Cake
Can you post your startup script here?

If you see something that says, 1G, try changing it to 2G(both of them)
1
eliminer01
• 09/07/2013 12:16 pm
• Level 39 : Artisan Robot
Don't really understand, sorry. I'm quite a n00b when it comes to technical server stuff... By "startup script", do you mean the start.command file? I tried opening that in both Terminal and Notepad, but didn't see anything saying 1G.
1
eliminer01
• 09/07/2013 1:49 am
• Level 39 : Artisan Robot
Bump
1
eliminer01
• 09/06/2013 12:19 pm
• Level 39 : Artisan Robot
Don't know, how do you check that?
1
aman207
• 09/06/2013 11:50 am
• Level 40 : Master Cake
How much ram do you have allocated to the server?
1

Welcome