Question

3 emeralds7 replies68 views
Luugie started 11/23/21 6:05 am
DarkCabin replied 12/6/2021 1:54 pm
I accidentally changed my MC name to Luug1e (I was Luug_ie if that isn't obvious enough), and I don't know if the server saves my items even if i change my name...

Does it save my items and proggress when I change my name? Thanks.

-Luigi R. Trindade.
Posted by avatar
Luugie
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

7 replies

12/06/2021 1:54 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Hunter
DarkCabin
DarkCabin avatar
yes becuase its the same login with your email
11/25/2021 7:05 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Obsidixn
Obsidixn avatar
It does save it, it also saves things like ranks if the server has it.
11/24/2021 12:10 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
MarieDaisy
MarieDaisy avatar
It should save your items because all you're doing is changing your name and not anything else.
11/23/2021 6:19 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Birb
lloyddominic26
lloyddominic26 avatar
It depends if the server is in online mode or not.

Online mode: server will retain your player data since it is stored according to the UUID
Offline mode: server will make a new player data since it is stored according to the player name

In online mode, your data is kept and accessed through your UUID, which means that name changes won't break your data. On the other hand, a server in offline mode stores player data through a player's name, in which a new name means new data.

This is why offline mode servers are hard to maintain, since the server doesn't authenticate with Minecraft.net, so it will just generate a UUID based on the name of the player. This can be problematic, wherein if you ban a player from the server, they can just change their name and they will able to join back, which is why every ban in an offline-mode server must always be an IP ban.
11/23/2021 6:37 am
Luugie
Luugie avatar
Thanks.
11/23/2021 6:08 am
Level 38 : Artisan uwu
khajiity
khajiity avatar
if ur talking about the pmc server then, im pretty sure it does
i changed my name once and im pretty sure i still have those items, you will probably still have ur progress
11/23/2021 6:15 am
Luugie
Luugie avatar
Thanks!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2021
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome