1

No route to host/Host is down

EmpiricalPepper •10/30/12 1:21 am
•
320
•
I just setup a new server with a new host. When I try to connect I get the "Can't reach server" error. A friend of mine who lives in Australia can connect just fine. I decided to ping the server and got this :

PING mc.townscraft.com (5.39.49.21): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
ping: sendto: No route to host
Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
ping: sendto: Host is down
Request timeout for icmp_seq 4
ping: sendto: Host is down
Request timeout for icmp_seq 5
ping: sendto: Host is down
Request timeout for icmp_seq 6

I've been searching google for a few hours and have yet to find a solution. I have a second computer on my network that can connect just fine. I'm also running OSX Lion. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted by
EmpiricalPepper
Level 21 : Expert Architect
9

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

Welcome