My server is shutting down by itself.

GiganticBlock's Avatar GiganticBlock11/3/13 7:09 am
1 emeralds 2.1k 1
11/3/2013 9:26 am
KingJackTheFirst's Avatar KingJackTheFirst
Hello everyone. I have a very weird problem. Sometimes my server is shutting down by itself. It doesn't happen alot it only happened for like 3 times. So today i was building on my server. Then BAM! It said in chat saving world in grey and after that shutting down server. But it wasen't hacker on my console because then it would have said: [Console] Shutting down server. So i went to my host website and logged in the multicraft and it showed that my server is being reloaded. Then it reloaded succesfully and i checked are my ftp files okay. Well nothing was deleted or added. I went back to my server and everything was ok. Can someone please tell me what is going on? It just sometimes restart or shut down by itself but nothing is damaged. I doubt that it is a hacker because noone knows my multicraft username and password.
GiganticBlock
Level 35 : Artisan Droid

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/03/2013 9:26 am
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
KingJackTheFirst
Hi there, sorry you are having problems here. Could you copy and paste the console text when it restarts here so we can see if there are any bugs in there. Here are a few things I suggest you check:

1) Check your hosting company doesn't have an automatic restart program
2) Check you have enough RAM and the CPU isn't being overworked
3) Do you have a stable version of CraftBukkit? New releases are often buggy
4) Has this problem happened whilst a new plugin has been added? Sometimes badly written plugins can cause all sorts of server related problems
5) How much access do you have to your server? If it's a linux machine, are there any Crons in place (I doubt it, but it's possible)
6) Contact your hosting company

One other thing which could be good to do is to download your entire server via FTP and see if it works on a local machine without shutting down. At least that would narrow it down a little.

Please PM me if you need any further help as I have been quite brief here.
Regards, Jack
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome