Is this a good administration for an admin?

ymirpeak456's Avatar ymirpeak4568/8/14 11:20 pm
1 emeralds 466 9
8/9/2014 1:20 am
McJackson3180's Avatar McJackson3180
==Applying Rank Admin==
:13
Skype Name: jack bower
Microphone i do have a mic
Timezone: pacific
In Game Name: dunkin12
Have you ever been banned or temp banned on another server?if so what for?: nope
Maturity Level: ?/10 Why did you pick that level of maturity? 7, because i have control over my energy
trustworthyness ?/10 why did you pick that level of trustworthiness? i will do what you say so a 7
previous experience : nope but i will try my best
Times you'll be online around? 6-7p.m it depends on what day
What version of minecraft did you start playing in?i think a bit before 1.4.7
Why should we pick you? i kind of don't know what to say here because this will be my first time as and admin, i guess it might be because i don't rage easy and i have experience with fights.
Extra information about you ie:Sports what you do in spare time ect: play outside
What advice would you give someone who had to deal with people younger than them?:it would all depend on the situation, if it was just pissing the guy off i would kick him ( that is last resort ) i would most likely try to to work it out between them
Anything else we should know?:i like to build and do redstone am am the youngest brother of my family so i understand situations like the example in last question.
ymirpeak456
Level 49 : Master Creeper Hugger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/08/2014 11:41 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
No, this isn't a good application. I would not promote this person on my server.

This person quantifies maturity as what your energy level is, which has nothing to do with it. They chose a 7 when asked "from 1-10, how trustworthy are you" then stated they chose what they did because they're obedient, but not only does that answer do nothing to assure their level of trustworthiness, it also goes into no detail about prior instances where they've kept their word or shown integrity. This person states they can only be on an hour a day and staff need more than that to effectively moderate a server, in my opinion.

They also don't want this position very badly since they didn't know what to say when asked why they should be picked. The answer given would make me think they're simply in it for the position and not because they wish they could help the staff and be able to moderate instances of rule-breaking they've come across.

This person does not know how to effectively deal with children or people younger than themself. The answer given when asked what advice they would give to someone who had to deal with younger people in a moderation position shows only that they would go through the motions of moderating and not that they would take into account that extra sensitivity/patience may be needed for younger players.

Lastly, the way this is written is very confusing in some places. As a moderator, being concise is very important. Communication is absolutely an integral part of managing others in a group environment and this person doesn't seem to know how to do it very effectively, at least in writing.

Over-all, nothing about this application is completely alarming, but I personally wouldn't accept it. I would ask this person to play on my server regularly and observe their activity level as well as interaction with other players to determine their maturity and honesty/integrity for myself. I would also ask this person to gain some moderation experience/apply again after a period of time with more information.
08/09/2014 1:20 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
+1, One day there will be a "like post" button on the forums, one day..
08/08/2014 11:38 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
I wouldnt.
1. No previous experience. I doubt he has great knowledge of how servers work.
2. His reasons for wanting admin are because he doesn't rage? What.
3.Why would anyone kick people based on age?
4. He'll be on hour hour a day. Really?
08/08/2014 11:35 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
I recommend trying to use proper capitalization, punctuation, and grammar. Also, to make your application look a little bit more neat you can do something like this:

In game name: dunkin12

Having good formatting and a nice looking post is always a good thing for applications.
Also, try to add more detail to your answers. Servers want to know that you actually care, so showing effort in your post is great. Here's an example:

What version of Minecraft did you start playing in?: I joined some time around January 2013, when the 1.4.7 version of Minecraft was released.

You should be able to see what to do from here. Have a good looking, well formatted post. Use your best grammar, and go into detail. This should all help tremendously.

EDIT: Now I'm not sure if you're the one applying for a server, or if you're asking whether or not you should accept this application.
08/08/2014 11:32 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Dragon
Id say, no.
08/08/2014 11:27 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ItzDaBeastly
i would not hire them as a admin because you said "if it was younger guy really bad ban" i hate when people discriminate people for their age it makes me really mad because when i was young people always did it to me.
08/08/2014 11:34 pm
Level 49 : Master Creeper Hugger
ymirpeak456
not because he was young but because he was like destroying the server

i also have a being-not-good-cause-your-young experience
08/08/2014 11:31 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
ME1312
yea it happens to everyone, its mainly because 87% of derps online are power hungery noobs who ban hammer everyone.
08/08/2014 11:25 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
ME1312
You mean an application, right?

If your da owner:
Why u coming to PMC for this? trust your gut. if he/she is a butt then strip them of the rank.
If you da rank asker:
give it your best shot man
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome