Is this a great server Idea or not?

silentsam5's Avatar silentsam57/25/13 10:50 am
7/25/2013 5:17 pm
silentsam5's Avatar silentsam5
I've owned a server that was fairly popular (got up to 32 people for most of the day), but I had to shut it down because I didnt have time to deal with it. But now I am all free!

These are my ideas

1) Create a massive world and build some towns and villages and maybe a city or two at different places. Have certain people (maybe staff) be mayor/king for select towns. Have players join and then pick a town (or be recruited by a mayor/king) and get a plot and build or whatever. There could also be like a political system for voting a new mayor/king. It would also be sort of rpg like: there will be a job plugin so you can make money doing things like building or cuttin down and plantin trees. Also, all the places are spread out so you can pay to take a boat (a warp) to an island city, or a wagon (another warp...) to the desert village. But, if people don't want to live in a city and abide by its rules, they can just go into the wilderness and build for themselves, and maybe eventually make their own town. That is my first idea.

2) It will also take place in a massive world with towns/villages/cities spread out throughout the world, except that there would not be a 'real' mayor/king for any of them, and no political system for the pre built places. Instead, players start in the main city. NPCs will control the city and give it a more 'live' look. There are NPC shops, and you can take a ship/wagon to another city (yet another warp). NPCs will control all pre built cities and those places would mainly be for shopping, getting quests, or trading and such. Then the players can go and adventure into the rest of the world and build their own towns. I don't know if a jobs plugin would be a good in this version, but I would want a sort of leveling system, or a plugin to make it even more RPG like.

So those are my ideas, and just FYI the time period it is being built in is like.... medieval to renaissance .

Please tell me what you think, give me advice, plugin links, and anything else that can help! Thanks
silentsam5
Level 36 : Artisan Cowboy