What am i doing wrong on making my server popular?

GiganticBlock's Avatar GiganticBlock11/9/13 1:14 pm
11/9/2013 4:06 pm
OtherCraft's Avatar OtherCraft
Hello everyone. I have a question for you all. I own a very good server which is 24/7 and with no lag. It has nice spawn good plugins. More features then just survival even nice staff and alot of stuff to do and explore. When i bump server and when new players come and there are 2 things they do. First one they ask can they help me, or can they apply to be staff or have op or rank. When i say no they leave. And other type of them are the ones who seem to be nice non-begging players but they leave too for no reason after few minutes of walking around. I try to be very nice and mature. And thing is that my minecraft friend own a server too. It is 24/7 and no lag too, but it has a small spawn which is a one tower and just survival and no griefing. My server has same features as he's server and even more features, but many more players play on he's server instead of mine. I don't says he's server is bad but he didn't put so much effort in it as i did in mine. Also i am advertising my server alot more then him but still many players are treating me like fool or leaving some time after joining my server. Please tell me what am i doing wrong.
GiganticBlock
Level 35 : Artisan Droid