Why Doesnt PMC Have A Official Server? {[Discussion]}

Xylan's Avatar Xylan8/13/12 5:01 am
1 emeralds 164 6
8/14/2012 6:37 am
Xylan's Avatar Xylan
Since I First Saw PMC I Thought It Was Awesome, And It Is Awesome But What I Dont Understand Is Why PMC Doesn't Have A Official Minecraft Server Like A Big Chin Dig Of A Server That Would Hold Around About 500 Or So People..
What I Think The Problem Is Is That PMC Holds Over 500 So The Server Would Always Be Full So I Believe That Its More Of A Memory And Storage Problem And Along With A Problem With Maintaining Both At The Same Time I Just Wish There Was Some Way And There Is Also A Money Issue IDK What? It Would Cost Around At Least 1200USD To Host A Server That Big I Just Wish There Was A Way. Now What I Wish Is That Some Of The PMC Community Will Reply To This With What They Think.
If You Read This Thank You For Listening To What I Think.
Xylan
Level 21 : Expert Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Animatrix
08/14/2012 6:13 am
Level 25 : Expert Network
I think there is a small PMC community server, but there's never going to be a 500 slot server.

The admin has to pay for both his living and this site, which would cost him a bomb. With all the increased site traffic, I assume all his financial focus is on trying to maintain PMC. A 500 slot server would cost loads, and I don't think there's many members willing to donate, just my opinion.

And the fact that there's hundreds of thousands of members on this site. The server would be maxed out really quickly, which wouldn't be fair on others that want to enjoy a PMC-based server experience. I beleive you mentioned that above.

But, if you are looking for a PMC related server, I think Zarilith has one up on his submission page.
Xylan
08/14/2012 6:37 am
Yes I Did And I Agree With You Besides, BUT I Beilieve That People Would Donate. And Yes Zarilith Does Have One Like I Said I Had Been Informed By One Of The Higher Ups I Even Asked Him To Post On Here About It But He Said No *Caugh* Par** *Caugh* Hehehe
Xylan
08/14/2012 6:01 am
Yes Actually I Have Acquired Certain Info From One Of The Higher Ups About This It Is Currently Whitelisted And Will Sadly Not Be Released Anytime Soon D: But Until Then Dream On
gramoobi
08/13/2012 5:14 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
i saw a pmc post a while back about them making a server idk what happened to it though
ghostyboy5
08/13/2012 4:22 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Nerd
I think it would ruin the concept of a biased Community Fansite. This site is goal-ed to being biased and completely unique and allowing everyone to go there separate way, having a PMC Server, would ruin that concept I believe.

Just my honest opinion.
Xylan
08/14/2012 6:02 am
Hmm Ok
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome