1

Why wont minecraft forge install!?!?

RolePlayMASTER •9/22/13 4:20 pm
•
47k
•
4/23/2017 9:09 pm
Forge wont work!
For some reason, in the past 30 minutes, I was trying to install forge.. but when I do,it says:These libraries failed to download. org.scala-lang:scala-library:2.10.2, org.scala-lang:scala-compiler:2.10.2 Try again. And like I said, I've tried it many times. Please help!
Posted by
RolePlayMASTER
Level 28 : Expert Pixel Puncher
12

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

16

_Magicat_
• 04/23/2017 9:09 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
I had the same problem, but I fixed it. What I did was allow javaw.exe through the firewall, then tried agian to open the file. It gave me the success notification, and all was good. Hope you can do the same and it works for you
1
Sheepnay
• 11/29/2016 11:22 pm
• Level 5 : Apprentice Skinner
RolePlayMASTERThese libraries failed to download. org.scala-lang:scala-library:2.10.2, org.scala-lang:scala-compiler:2.10.2 Try again.

Are you trying to get 1.7.10 and lower? That might be the cause, forge no longer supports those versions.
1
jtrent238
• 11/29/2016 9:31 pm
• Level 68 : High Grandmaster Modder
if you need me to help personaly contact me on skype: jtrent238
1
XxderpykevinxX
• 11/18/2016 11:20 pm
• Level 20 : Expert Skinner
1
star_weaver
• 11/18/2016 11:02 pm
She/Her • Level 27 : Expert Princess Button Pusher
how are you trying to install forge? with the installer or not?
1
Jortenmilo
• 11/18/2016 1:05 pm
• Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Do you have any logs?
(Instead of spamming the close button, you can kill the task in the taskmanager)
1
Criispyy_
• 11/18/2016 12:44 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
I have the same thing, kind of. When I click play go single player then go on a world, it says "Shutting down internal server..." and when you click it says at the top "Minecraft (Not responding) and I just spam the x until it goes off of Minecraft.

https://gyazo.com/a687ebb1492ef08e3247a5316e54e06f

https://gyazo.com/c64fd62205eb38a0d90af0b57319ec71
1
Bdogs15
• 11/18/2016 11:28 pm
• Level 11 : Journeyman Modder
Most likely a memory problem, any logs?
1
netherslayer777
• 10/12/2013 2:48 pm
• Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Ok so your going to want to download Forge here: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/ind ... tion=files
After its done running click view downloads and drag it out onto your desktop. Now your going to want to click on it or view/edit it and its going to pull up a little box with download forge modloader. So your going to click download.
Next go into your minecraft launcher and it should have generated a minecraft 1.6.4 forge account(or whatever version you run) now run it. After that you will find under multiplayer a section called MODS. This is not where your going to install mods.

Installing mods to forge:
Ok so go into whatever version of search you use and type in %appdata% and click roaming. In roaming you should find a folder called the .minecraft. Open the .minecraft and you will see a folder called mods. Drag any mod you have downloaded in the mods folder and start up minecraft.

If this didnt help sorry, Im just trying to help.
If this was to complicate watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WadJXxvj0YAk
1
Pyloni
• 10/12/2013 3:57 am
• Level 1 : New Explorer
i have the same problem

this thread couldnt answer my question

(bump)
1
ContentDeleted
• 09/29/2013 2:11 am
• Level 1 : New Miner
OMG This is happening to me to! Its SOooo Annoying!
1
Evilfish58
• 09/28/2013 5:50 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
The exact same thing keeps on happening to me, it is really buggy.
1
Mokan
• 09/25/2013 1:12 am
• Level 1 : New Miner
I'm having the exact same problem. Try this video. Didn't work for me but may work for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbN4wh5HGrk
1
RiotShielder
• 09/22/2013 5:14 pm
• Level 25 : Expert Network
See if reinstalling Java helps

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
1
RolePlayMASTER
• 09/24/2013 5:11 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Pixel Puncher
It has nothing to do with it. I've tried it on 2 computers. Neither work.
1
Shadow_Anndroid
• 09/22/2013 5:11 pm
• Level 25 : Expert Toast
dun good.
1

Welcome