World Recovery?

ABlockInTime's Avatar ABlockInTime8/22/20 5:22 pm
8/22/2020 5:58 pm
ABlockInTime's Avatar ABlockInTime
Hello, if any of you have seen my wall post, my PC is suffering from a bootloop and i have to format the hard drive to install windows again. Formatting my hard drive means that all my worlds get deleted. I do have a few world backups but none for mario adventures and my greek like city build. I can recover half of my mario adventures world from my own download i just have to build back the next update. However, i made tremendous progress on the greek city but i cant download that anywhere. Is there a way to recover worlds on Java edition that you dont have backed up?
ABlockInTime
Level 7 : Apprentice Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Rhombusk
08/22/2020 5:43 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Engineer
history
Oh, dude, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I've built some things in Minecraft myself, and I always fear something might happen to them. Hope you can recover your work, man. Good luck.
AndrewGamer076
08/22/2020 5:31 pm
Level 27 : Expert Engineer
history
If you haven't formatted it already, if you have a usb flashdrive or something, you can install a small operating system on it and boot from the usb device. You would need another pc to get the operating system on the usb drive, but if you do get it running, if it has a desktop environment, open file explorer and (if it's linux) go to /mnt and whatever folder appears in there.
if you see a "user" folder, open that and select your profile name. Make sure hidden items is on and open "appData" and ".minecraft" and then "saves" and copy all those worlds onto the usb storage device. Does this make sense to you? If not, ask me about what you don't get.
ABlockInTime
08/22/2020 5:47 pm
and i couldn't save them anyways because my files corrupted.
ABlockInTime
08/22/2020 5:46 pm
i know what you mean but i have already formatted my hard drive and have a copy of windows 10 ready to install.
08/22/2020 5:54 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
ABlockInTime
08/22/2020 5:58 pm
The hard drive is already formatted, everythings gone. I need something else.
AndrewGamer076
08/22/2020 5:48 pm
Level 27 : Expert Engineer
history
Sadly, there is no way to recover from that, because that replaced everything with zeros, unlike a normal format which just marks everything as deleted, meaning it overwrites the files marked as you create more files. Unless you can find it in C:\windows.old
ABlockInTime
08/22/2020 5:37 pm
i have a 2012 macbook laptop yes.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome