Server Growth Advice?

3028's Avatar 302811/17/19 12:46 am
1 emeralds 263 7
12/12/2019 10:56 am
ZonkedCompanion's Avatar ZonkedCompanion
Hello! I just recently started a Minecraft server and am looking for advice as to how to grow it. I have put it on many voting sites, set up voting rewards, and made voting super easy to do in game; however, one needs players in the first place to have players who vote...haha.

What I am mainly looking for is suggestions and advice pertaining to server growth.

Thanks!
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/12/2019 10:54 am
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
ZonkedCompanion
Having ran servers for the last 8 years or so, my advice would be to lower your expectations.

Unless you are willing to put $100's or perhaps even $1000's into advertising then you are only ever going to see a trickle of players.

The server market is pretty saturated.

Like others have mentioned- offering something different and having an active engaging community usually attracts players and keeps them coming back.

Votes help your server list rankings.

Youtube videos might send the odd player your way.

A well designed and SEO optimised website with good natural google listings for particular keywords can also draw in players.
12/12/2019 10:56 am
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
ZonkedCompanion
Additionally I have seen servers running referral programs, where players get rewarded for inviting friends.
12/01/2019 3:21 am
Level 20 : Expert Architect
satorim
Good question, I'm hosting a $25 dollar paypal giveaway for the winner of a race on my server, doing stuff like that helps people outside of the game.
11/25/2019 12:40 amhistory
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
ThursdayMorning
What kills a lot of servers is too much focus on player growth and not player retention. We have all played survival/factions N times before. If you advertise without something to keep players on the server, they will not return and you will have wasted an advertisement.

What has grabbed you when playing other games? What could you picture in Minecraft?
11/17/2019 1:16 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
World Of Wizards
Use some of the Discords groups for it. If your on a bunch of votingsites, then I know some of them have discords that allow advertising for your server.
11/17/2019 12:56 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Unique content and advertisements are the main factors
11/17/2019 1:03 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
Yea I'm currently brainstorming some somewhat original content for the server, but am stumped at the advertising part. I don't want to go advertise on other servers because that's not necessarily best for the reputation, and I wouldn't want someone to do the same on my server lol.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome