Are contests easy to make?

banner_builder's Avatar banner_builder8/23/19 11:16 am
2 emeralds 269 6
9/10/2019 1:23 am
Hardcrafter's Avatar Hardcrafter
I was wondering if I should do a contest but I'm not shore if the're hard or easy.

Poll ended 09/24/2019 8:19 pm.

banner_builder
Level 18 : Journeyman Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/10/2019 1:23 am
Level 43 : Master Wolf
Hardcrafter
I wouldn't know because I've never hosted any contests of any type, but I'd bet there are so many things you need to get right in order for the contest to go over smoothly. 1) Promotion: If you don't promote your contest the right way, nobody will be interested in the contest. 2) Star Power: Let's be honest, generally speaking you need to be relatively well known to get a lot of contestants, that can be both a blessing and curse. On one hand, a small amount of entries means a relatively easier judging process, but on the other hand, can you really call a contest successful if only a few people enter?. 3) Rewards: Make sure the rewards are worth it, I mean why do through the effort of making an entry for a contest when the contest doesn't reward you well enough for those efforts.

That's my two cents worth, probably doesn't amount to much in the end but that's really all I can say.
09/09/2019 11:27 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
GalacticMelody
I have trouble hosting contests personally but it does depend on what type of contest you're hosting. If you want to host one absolutely go for it
09/09/2019 11:07 pmhistory
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
Really, it depends if you want to put the time and energy into it to make it great and if you understand what you need to do to achieve that. If you're too lazy to make a good contest, then don't bother, because from experience, well thought-out contests get a lot of praise, regardless of what type of contest it is (Skin, blog, drawing, etc.).
08/24/2019 2:43 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
Thanks for the mention, anonpmc2054575! 😊

Hosting contests has some aspects that could be tricky. It's definitely good to enter in other people's contests before making one of your own. But once you get the hang of it, it's really not so hard. 😁
08/24/2019 2:37 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
09/09/2019 10:13 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Button Pusher
banner_builder
thanks for the link
08/23/2019 10:05 pm
Level 45 : Master Wizard
mythicaljay
I suggest not making one until you have experience making skins and you have joined a few yourself.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome