At what point is recoloring minecraft textures acceptable?

LOKILEAGUE's Avatar LOKILEAGUE3/19/24 12:00 pm
3 emeralds 154 5
3/21/2024 2:33 am
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
Does it depend on the number of blocks/items you recolor? Does it depend on how much it changes the game?

I have downloaded multiple recolors from the site so I've started making my own. My pink stone recolor passed greenlight just fine but I tried making a purple dirt recolor and that didn't pass so I'm trying to see where the line is (so I don't mess up again and get my account deleted or something)
LOKILEAGUE
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/19/2024 10:46 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
For answers about the specific content accepted/rejected you ought ask the admin/mod team.

It isn't clear to me what you mean by recoloring either....
It is trivial to grab the issue texture from the game jar and apply a recolor using a graphics editor so I would think a texture pack that simply applied washes (or similar) would have little interest for many players.
On the other hand, there might be a reason for simply rcoloring an existing texture (e.g. all the colored wools are simply recolored versions of the base whire wool texture, so changing how these are recolored for some purpose — say to better match the concrete colors — could be seen as offering some tangible value).

In any case, one would think that the goalwould not be to get over the bar and be accepted for posting, but to create something that was appeciated by at least some members of the community (which would be reflrected in diamonds/downloads/favoritings).
If you look through the content subfora (particularly player and mob skins) you will see that there are a fair number of very simple 'starter' skins posted taht receive almost no positive response. While everyone has to start as a beginner, I can see little reason (beyond occasional 'jokes' ) to remain at this level.

Again, for rules clarification, speak with the site admin/mod team.
03/20/2024 10:16 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
LOKILEAGUE
Do you know how I can reach them?
03/21/2024 2:33 am
ScotsMiser
POsting thsi as a separate reply in hopes it will be seen:

In rereading https://www.planetminecraft.com/rules/ for another purpose I noticed the section Sensitive Matters with Members or Moderators at the bottom that includes mention of the PMC Support Account . This is probably overkill for most purposes, but does represent a further method of contacting the admin/mod team and is inlcuded for completeness.
03/20/2024 10:46 am
ScotsMiser
There are a couple of ways of doing this:
One can make a ticket at Tickets (click open ticket) [​As a guess, your question would fall under "Something Else", but that's just my guess]

One can also contact one of the Site Team via the message system.

Given that your question is about a disallowed content upload (purple dirt), one would think that asking the person who sent you the rejection notice would be most effective....
03/19/2024 12:06 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
Papa Enny
I guess the stones are more original, like addition. By mods, I try to be quite accurate(wood looks the same in the game, so I have to adjust)
Planks, wood are just recolours tbh
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome