Questions Regarding Acceptable Map Content

CanineCraver's Avatar CanineCraver3/21/20 11:56 am history
1 emeralds 151 4
3/21/2020 12:40 pm
CanineCraver's Avatar CanineCraver
As a new member to the Planet Minecraft Community and someone who's looking to publish a map in coming months, I would like to confirm that the content of my map is acceptable to post here. The map is called "Combat Arcade" and I've been developing it since September 2019. It heavily relies on the use of datapacks, functions, and the resourcepack I've made that takes full advantage of the CustomModelData tag and model exceptions. This allows for the integration of weapons that have vanilla aesthetics and formatted in the 16x16 pixel format, for a natural feel. However, due to the theme of the map, which is aimed at both PVP and PVE scenarios. These mostly incorporate arcade like, simple gamemodes like deathmatch, stock limit, etc. but also the potentially inculsion of singleplayer-coop scenarios dealing with potentially sensitive topics.
Here is a list of "Could be questionable" content:
+The use of firearms and others weapons
+A toggleable, mild blood and gore system using simple block particles that appear when damage is taken by entities that actually have blood, as well as bones that fly off of skeletons and green goo from insects.
+The use of semi-realistic custom audio supplied by the resourcepack for weapon and environment sounds such as gun fire, emergency and military vehicles, air raid/nuclear sirens, EAS alerts, helicopters, and fixed wing aircraft.
+Voice acting isn't a for sure yet, but it is highly likely.
+The portrayal of of theme containing weapons of mass destruction such as nuclear capable ICBM's and potentially other sensitive events such as natural disasters, war, zombie/monster invasions or the like, outbreak of disease, and economic collapse.
+Damage to the terrain through destructive weapons or environmental destruction of various kinds.
-=-
Not everything mentioned will appear in the finished product, but I would like to know what is considered acceptable and publish worthy, and what is not. I would also like to point out that everything is still being made in a Minecraft like manner, nothing more than you would see in like say, the ICBM mod.
However, there are things I for sure will not be including in the map:
-Scenarios involving individual harm of innocents (Bank Robberies, Murder, etc.)
-Maps based on or portraying violence against institutions of learning such as schools and universities or students
-Language
-Inappropriate or explicit content of any kind, even in the slightest, or the means and facilities for players to behave inappropriately amongst themselves.
-In scenarios involving war, crimes against or deaths of non-combatants(civilians/innocents) will not be portrayed.
-=-
 Many aspects of the map have options associated with them, and can therefore be turned on or off, magazines, blood and gore, muzzle flash, and environmental effects as of now can all be disabled or enabled at leisure.

If you have any questions I would love to answer them, and if you are moderator and have any information regarding the content previously mentioned, please send me a message and I would be happy to further converse with you, I also have a video the demonstrates the maps potential, if you need it for review.

Best Regards,
-CanineCraver
CanineCraver
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter