1

Datapack Config

noobysheep_ •4/20/23 3:17 am
•
441
•
4/21/2023 3:47 am
Hello, I have two questions.
Firstly, how does one make a datapack config? I can't find any documentation on it.
And second, does anyone know how to make a mood out of a datapack?


Thanks a lot,


noobysheep_
Posted by
noobysheep_
Level 53 : Grandmaster Mage
46

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

4

imalittlhigh
• 04/20/2023 9:22 am
• Level 67 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart Stack
what do u mean by config?
If you want to enable the player to set options, you need to do that with tellraw, and by implementing scores for variable values
Other then that idk what you mean ^^
1
noobysheep_
• 04/20/2023 3:27 pm
He/Him • Level 53 : Grandmaster Mage
history
Hi, thanks for replying!

To clarify. So you know how when you start typing in a command, a bunch of options are already there as you type (like with the /summon command, you have the option to autofill with any mob type)?

I would like to make a function with a set base that you can then autofill as you go along, instead of making an individual function for each mob.
If you could also tell me how to make a mod have a modmenu config, that would be super helpful too.

Hopefully it's a bit more clear now :-)


P.S. I'm very new to datapacks, so there's probably a lot of stuff I don't know, I've only learned a few basics so far.
1
imalittlhigh
• 04/21/2023 3:47 am
• Level 67 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart Stack
the only way i see to do what youre describing is nesting functions in folders, so that you could do:

/function packname:mobs/neutral/wolf/(specific functions here)
or
/function packname:mobs/hostile/zombie/specific functions here)

you cant change the variables in mc commands like summon, and cant create these commands yourself without making a mod.

I have not had any experience with modding for a while, but i think ive seen a post here where someone showed how to port a datapack to a mod, just sift through the forum and youll find it =)
1
Spuduking
• 04/20/2023 4:36 pm
• Level 34 : Artisan Procrastinator
for mob types, look into mob tags. You can create your own mob tags in your namespace, with path namespace/tags/mob_types
1

Welcome