1

Randomly Generated Structures

xWires •8/23/23 4:22 am
•
316
•
8/30/2023 6:44 am
I am trying to make the backrooms level 0 in minecraft, I have managed to do it before, but now I want it to be randomly generated. I can't figure out how to use jigsaw blocks and data packs to make it work, can someone please explain it to me?
Posted by
xWires
Level 5 : Apprentice Waffle
3

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

2

Spuduking
• 08/29/2023 12:20 pm
• Level 34 : Artisan Procrastinator
You're going to have to learn how to use template pools in conjunction with jigsaw blocks.

A template pool is essentially a weighted list of structures that is randomly selected from. Jigsaw blocks use these to determine a structure to place.

Jigsaw blocks have several fields to fill out. They are: Target Pool (the template pool to choose a structure from), Name (used for connecting with other jigsaws), Target Name (the Name of the jigsaw to connect with), and Turns Into (a block which the jigsaw will turn into after generating a structure)


Use this tool to help write template pools:
https://misode.github.io/worldgen/template-pool/
2
xWires
• 08/30/2023 6:44 am
• Level 5 : Apprentice Waffle
Thank you!
2

Welcome