Not really sure where this belongs. Im an old guy but my little 5 yr old autistic son is obsessed with trying to play Minecraft. I have no idea how to help him. Ive downloaded worlds (id like to find more) from /projects but I have no idea where to put them or how to load them. Any help wpuld be greatly appreciated. He understandably gets really frustrated and starts throwing his tablet and cries and gets mad at me.
1
I…am not sure how to go about fixing this, but I can try to help. (I’m autistic too by the way!) I’m not familiar with /projects but I can give you another solution.
You said your son plays on tablet, which means you’re probably on Bedrock edition! The nice thing about that is that the game has a marketplace where you can easily download worlds. Now, you do have to be careful, because the vast majority of them have to be paid for (and many are way overpriced), but there is a filter in the search window that allows you to only show free ones, and narrow it down to only worlds.
Click the “purchase” button, then after loading for a bit it’ll turn to “download.” Click it, and the world will be downloaded. Now the button will say “Create this world!” Hit that and click “create new world” in that window. (You can also edit the settings of the world. Don’t be scared by the “Are you sure?” screen that will likely pop up; it’s only warning you that the world’s creator might’ve made it with those settings for a reason.)
I haven’t played downloaded anything for Bedrock on tablet in a while so I might be remembering details wrong. I hope this helps though.
You said your son plays on tablet, which means you’re probably on Bedrock edition! The nice thing about that is that the game has a marketplace where you can easily download worlds. Now, you do have to be careful, because the vast majority of them have to be paid for (and many are way overpriced), but there is a filter in the search window that allows you to only show free ones, and narrow it down to only worlds.
Click the “purchase” button, then after loading for a bit it’ll turn to “download.” Click it, and the world will be downloaded. Now the button will say “Create this world!” Hit that and click “create new world” in that window. (You can also edit the settings of the world. Don’t be scared by the “Are you sure?” screen that will likely pop up; it’s only warning you that the world’s creator might’ve made it with those settings for a reason.)
I haven’t played downloaded anything for Bedrock on tablet in a while so I might be remembering details wrong. I hope this helps though.
