Is anyone else getting annoyed by this?

DragsZombies's Avatar DragsZombies12/27/13 12:35 am
1 emeralds 1.1k 36
1/8/2014 7:28 pm
Punkamoar's Avatar Punkamoar
Have you ever had someone get on your server, or a server you play on, claiming to be from PMC to interview it?

This just angers me, why would you need to interview a server in the first place? Let them do what they want, and just deal with it!

The other sad thing is, people actually believe them, then they have some random person having op and things go bad. Even corrupt their server?

No one wants that, and it's very sad...

EDIT: I just wanna see what you guys do for fun when they come to your servers. Just tell me about it!

I love speaking to them in different languages or acting really stupid, something of that sort xD
DragsZombies
Level 35 : Artisan Wolf Whisperer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/08/2014 7:28 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
whack them in the butt with the ban-hammer permanently
01/08/2014 7:01 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer
Ghost001
What I did is I talk to them for about 20 mins and then I say I'll OP them. One time the whole server went insane yelling at me not to do it. I ignored them and said "Alright guys, I'll give you OP in a sec." Then I ban them with the reason: You are now OP!
01/08/2014 8:34 am
DragsZombies
Lol xD I just read through all of the posts, and I'm really interested in what you guys do with your time. So very creative!
12/28/2013 12:49 am
Level 31 : Artisan Fisherman
Instant_ReplEH
I read this
Spikehunter3 Oh yeah, we also put up a gravestone in the spawn graveyard. It's for mods and ops or soldiers or important people who have died irl or in game or left the server for good or banned.

The first time I read through and was like... Lol wut?
12/28/2013 12:33 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Hunter
theIgloo
I ban them, why waste time with someone who just wants to destroy your server? That's not as common anymore though, now they try to get you to install a plugin such as NoCheat++, HackedClientBlocker, StopAlts, etc. that really just has a few secret commands which allows them to basically total your server.
12/27/2013 11:50 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Network
KingGoldenaPanda
OMGOSH yes I had some people who were coming on and were "needing" op so they could take videos and look around at the server -.-
I let him fly for a bit then I had a friend kick his butt he was so dumb -_-
Why do people even try anymore.....
12/27/2013 11:33 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Spikehunter3
I once saw the owner respond to it. It was a roleplay server. I was in the military led by the owner. We "captured" him *cough* saying that if you do it I'll op you *cough* We then publicly executed and banned. We kept the stand up with a sign and I directly quote "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO OP ASKERS" We also had a LOT of "Can I be a mod or op? I'll be responsible...please... We had a HUGE decline after that. Oh yeah, we also put up a gravestone in the spawn graveyard. It's for mods and ops or soldiers or important people who have died irl or in game or left the server for good or banned. Ah, nostalgia. I also alerted the whole army about civilians living in Project X. BANNED. It was a secret military bunker/city for times of war.
12/27/2013 11:21 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Taco
Pacmantacco
I have a bit of fun with them.

I pester them with random questions and challenges that they have to complete to prove their worth.

If they actually manage to accomplish they get a special prize!

A ban!!!
12/27/2013 10:52 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Architect
Schwerpunkt_
I know right... I hate it when people claim to be from pmc. What would the use of oping an admin from pmc even be? they couldn't do anything pmc related, and you can't review a server as op since you do anything you want, not experience the server as a normal player.
12/27/2013 10:32 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
jail them with lava
12/27/2013 10:06 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
DarkEyeDragon
Like madison_madison said. There is a plugin called "fake op" it gives them the messages that they are op. but wen they actually type an command it simply doesnt work.

if they do that i just said OP is broken and there like o_O op can't be broken thats not possible... then i say "sorry, i'll see if mine still works" then i type /ban 'username' I guess it still works :3
01/08/2014 8:49 am
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
The owner of a server I play on made a version where if they do /stop it kickes them with a stop message, /ban makes the person not appear to be online that they banned but everyone else can see them. Pretty fun to use?
01/08/2014 6:26 pm
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
What. I need this.
12/27/2013 9:30 pm
Level 1 : New Network
nop
I like trolling them... Sometimes i lead a frustrating conversation (on thier part) but sometimes I fake-op them
12/27/2013 9:25 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc696169
[deleted]
12/27/2013 9:15 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
3 step plan to getting those little trolls out of your server

Step 1: Make 5+ rooms filled with TNT and pressure plates all over the floor.

Step 2: Tell him to tp to you because you have a diamond tool,armor,etc. to lure him in,then when he lands and BOOM,say you accidentally put him in your trap room without realizing,repeat this until you see or know he's mad

Step 3: Sit back and enjoy his raging and rage-quit.
12/27/2013 9:08 pm
DragsZombies
Lol, most of that stuff is just sad. I earn all my ranks xD Took my about 2-3 months to earn it. Those little brats! What will their mothers say.
12/27/2013 5:35 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pony
StealingDaPenta
12/27/2013 5:33 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
rember-hostthegame
BANNED ALL THE PERSONS THAT DO BAD THING
12/27/2013 5:23 pm
Level 48 : Master Pixel Painter
basicbrick
When I used to run a sever I gave them op, then banned them.
12/27/2013 3:42 pm
DragsZombies
Sounds like a blast! I had one early, started speaking German. That really ticked him off! XD
12/27/2013 3:21 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
What I do when this happens:
I play along with it while recording it, so I can put it on youtube.
One time someone said that, I told them I was a database manager from PMC and that I know all the staff very well, he believed me, I told him its not true that they review servers. And he stopped doing it.

What you can do:
- ban them
- jail them
- Troll them
- Play along with them, and act stupid like you don't know what a command is, or op
12/27/2013 3:12 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Artist
Stickyman10
I remember this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8faFqfPBpiE
Would that happen to explain this?
I used to do that 2 yeard ago after i watched it
12/27/2013 3:09 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Architect
bloxParadise_
They do it because they want OP, obviously.
12/27/2013 3:04 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Cowboy
Cndmwavoo
Just make a rank titled Op, which has the exact same permissions of the default rank. Then give it to all the little trolls.
12/27/2013 2:27 pm
Level 21 : Expert Button Pusher
HaloMrFrags
I made a box full of tnt and pressureplates and it just made him so mad.. he quit da server.

EDIT: Grammar Error
12/27/2013 1:52 am
DragsZombies
I agree alj21, and That is totally true Magicman. I've messed with a couple, and it's hilarious.
12/27/2013 1:50 am
Level 26 : Expert Mountaineer
alj21
For me this has never been a problem. It is something that has not been done in a very long time, is well known to be fake, and is very easy to handle. I don't know what the big deal is, if someone is dumb enough to believe a claim like that, maybe MC's Natural Selection should be allowed to take it's course
12/27/2013 1:48 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
I like to message them saying: "Yew r noew awp"
Sadly, I see then do /gm, and then /op (friends name)
12/27/2013 1:46 am
DragsZombies
Lol, I just felt like fuming! XD Lol, Most of your guys stuff makes me laugh. I just start speaking in another language, it usually works.
12/27/2013 1:39 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
shinadafan2012
Just yell random movie quotes at them until they leave. It probably works. Never tried it. Don't blame me if it doesn't work.
12/27/2013 1:35 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Robot
Zektrix
Or maybe.... Troll them back. What I do when people ask me for op is just say sure. When they ask again just say sure again until they rage quit.
12/27/2013 1:32 am
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
Whack them with the ban hammer and the problem's solved.
12/27/2013 1:06 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
GuildOfMineCrafters...these guys are most likely griefers , trolls and advertisers as well, 90% of the time.

Knowing this...

GuildOfMineCrafters...make them understand that it's not a good way of getting OP...

... why would you bother doing that? They don't really care and know very well that they're lying.
12/27/2013 1:03 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Cake
GuildOfMineCrafters
Often, these are kids who saw it on a video on YT.

No need to ban them imo, but make them understand that it's not a good way of getting OP lol.

You will also notice, these guys are most likely griefers , trolls and advertisers as well, 90% of the time.
12/27/2013 12:43 am
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
Dude, this has been going on for aaaaaages. Just ban hammer 'em and move on.

Or .. Like .. Create a little funhouse to play with 'em in..

That's what I do.

Yaya funhouse.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome