Best ways to get noticed?

TheCoconutKing's Avatar TheCoconutKing1/30/16 12:39 am
2/15/2016 4:43 am
RenegadeRad's Avatar RenegadeRad
Hello!

I plan on making maps, but I want to put a lot of work into them. Easy, right?

Since I want to make good maps that take a long time to make, i'm extremely scared of not getting my map that I spent weeks on noticed. What if, like 3 people see it and 1 person comments something, and that's it? I've wasted weeks.

So my question is, how do I get noticed? Do I post a bunch of quick maps before posting the big, beautiful map? I don't know, help me!
TheCoconutKing
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/15/2016 4:43 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer
RenegadeRad
Step 1 : Be funny
01/30/2016 12:21 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Well - You can do like me and put something in your signature, link your project to it and just be positive and active on the forums.

Otherwise you can also share it on the forums and ask what to do better, or what to make next - usually draws some attention to your project and you can bump it each day to get more people to see it
02/15/2016 3:38 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Narwhal
Entriquit_
This always helps for sure!

Also, if you record showcase videos to post on youtube that could help!
01/30/2016 4:45 am
Level 36 : Artisan Procrastinator
VoxelBlox
Ive learned from experience from myself and watching others that the level on PMC doesnt really matter if quality is involved. However It can look like someone stole a map if they are a level 1, (which Im fairly certain you wont do) But if you put enough effort into it and provide a description detailing your build and how much time it took, etc etc, then it will look better.
For someone like me however, Ive built up my projects, generally getting bigger and bigger, with more of my own detail put in. If you start out small and work your way up, assuming you include good to high quality renders and in game screenshots of your projects, im sure you will attract more attention than you will know what to do with.
01/30/2016 3:36 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Narwhal
Entriquit_
In my opinion if the project is really very good, people will see it and people will like it. It's as simple as that. You shouldn't want to build projects just because of how many people would see it or 'like' it anyways, if you enjoyed making it then who cares how much attention it gets on PMC
01/30/2016 3:07 am
Level 75 : Legendary Taco
Nibblets
Dank pictures so people look ill make you some if needed just message me
01/30/2016 2:41 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
If you're thinking about projects, shaded screenshots as well as renders usually automatically attract views. Posting your submission to the Minecraft subreddit (/r/Minecraft) also helps in terms of views as I've learned recently. Chat advertising is mandatory.

Generally, you don't have to expect a jumpstart from day 1. Few people get it, even fewer get anything after it. If you like putting effort into things and your first,second projects aren't doing that amazingly, just keep posting. Eventually you'll make something the public likes and with that gain a decent frequent viewbase which later may boost your previous projects as well.
01/30/2016 12:53 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
I would suggest advertising your map in the chat, since it can help it get more attention. Just make sure not to spam, since you have to wait a while between advertisements. ;P Also make sure to give it a good description that explains lots about the map, since most people won't download if you don't use correct grammar, only have a few sentences etc., since if you put no effort into the description, what makes them think you put effort into the map?
Good luck at getting it noticed!
01/30/2016 1:57 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
TheCoconutKing
Just a question, does it even matter what "Level" you are on planet minecraft when you post something? Will it get seen just as easily, or if you're higher level does that matter at all?

I'm very new.
01/30/2016 12:04 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
The level doesn't affect the amount of attention it will get in any way, although if you have lots of subscribers, they will end up with it shown on their front page, which will help it get some more attention, although you can still get a lot of attention for it without lots of subscribers
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome