Boston Marathon Bombing Dedication

Dovahkaal's Avatar Dovahkaal4/16/13 9:56 pm
4/18/2013 11:14 am
Teddy's Avatar Teddy
I encourage everyone that plays survival on a server to make something similar to what I have made in respect of the lives lost and injured in the heartless act of terrorism Boston has felt.

Here is a link if it is hard to see http://tinypic.com/r/2d7d5s3/6
Dovahkaal
Level 35 : Artisan Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Teddy
04/18/2013 11:14 am
Level 70 : Legendary Skinner
Like I have said on another thread,
All of our prayers, thoughts and good hopes go to those affected by all of the recent tragedies.

I am going to lock this topic now, not because these terrible events are taboo, but I do not believe that we should debate why/how this happened.
We should, however, think of those affected, their families, and those who we love and cherish.
Keep the memory in your heart.
Many people are donating blood, I would suggest not donating blood for a month or so if this was planned.

Thanks.
Elbling
04/18/2013 2:45 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
I wish good luck to those injured in having a full recovery. I really wish I could have been there to take the blow for one of those poor people. Living in England,this didn't come to me until about a day later so I did not know sooner. This happens too much in America in my opinion. It should happen here in England more to give those poor Americans a rest (Technically I just insulted myself).

P.S. I did not mean to be rude or insulting.
OfficialApexPvP
04/18/2013 2:01 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Narwhal
Why doesn't this get as much media Coverage?
“West EMS Director Dr. George Smith says as many as 60 or 70 people died and hundreds were injured Wednesday night in a fertilizer plant explosion in West,” KWTX reports.

(WARNING: Images and information may be distressing to some viewers)
Click to reveal
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/17/explosion-rocks-fertilizer-plant-in-texas-several-people-injured/
[yt]ROrpKx3aIjA[/yt]

Both of these are so sad
My thoughts and prayers are with all involved
l_Pro_Assassin
04/18/2013 1:53 am
Level 44 : Master Enderdragon
Well, all that aside, what about the explosion in Texas?

(WARNING: Images and iformation may be distressing to some viewers)
http://www.news.com.au/world-news/explosion-at-fertiliser-plant-near-waco-texas/story-fndir2ev-1226623333230
Neptonic
04/18/2013 2:09 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
The quote from Michael Moore sorta creeped me out. All those horrible things happening so close together. I don't count the Bay of Pigs as a tragedy though. More as a Team America fail.

Anyway, I hope they catch the b@stard who did this. 3 families are now 1 member short, and many people now are missing body parts they've had their entire life. Adjusting to these situations will not be easy, but as long as there is support, the survivors will be able to move on. May all of our condolences/prayers go out to the people of Boston and Waco.
mrjrbacon
04/18/2013 1:11 am
Level 42 : Master uwu
The Boston Globe is reporting "blood everywhere after powerful explosions rip through crowd at Boston Marathon finish line."

Terrible news. What is the world coming to?
macgarthur
04/18/2013 12:36 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
Snowlips on that post I agree 100% no matter who did it or how it happened it's a tragedy and it's a shame we live in a world where this happens.
Ash
04/18/2013 12:32 am
She/Her • Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu Kitten
I like you dictionary.com definition.
I'm actually on you side, garthur, by the way. I haven't been "brainwashed" by the media, I haven't even seen mediacoverage of it, I don't tend to watch the news that often. And yes, people should start gathering the facts about it instead of believeing everything the TV says. But regardless, it's still a tragedy, and one that will take time to heal. No matter the location, or the size, or the media attention, a tragedy is still a targedy.
macgarthur
04/18/2013 12:26 am
Terrorism
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government
systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve some goal

The only reason this may or may not have caused "wide spread terror" is because the ignorant areas of media drove it into your brain that it was a terrorist act, although it could be anything but. Many people said it was Al'Queda even though they have absolutely no proof of that, you hear bomb, people say Al'Queda and start blaming Muslim extremists and others from the Middle East without knowing anything at all.

I'm not trying to start a big debate here, but I think people need to step back and gather the facts before they start forming a concrete opinion and then sticking to it till the end. Too many people get brainwashed by media sources that report first and ask questions later and get misinformed. A big problem today is that most of the population is too stupid to know who's dumb, and that is something that should cause wide spread terror.

My heart goes out to anyone who was at or connected with the Boston Marathon, but please people, get some more information before you go off on a tangent.
Ash
04/18/2013 12:06 am
She/Her • Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu Kitten
macgarthur. Just because it involves a bomb doesn't immediately make it a terrorist act.

Any act that causes "wide spread terror" is terrorism, whether it's intended to be or not, regardless of a persons mental health.
Chris4Hawks
04/17/2013 4:55 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
This was an act of terrorism whether you like it or not. I am almost positive that they will find that whoever did it was trying to get a message across, which is basically what terrorism means. Terrorism is using acts of terror for coercion. I am really shocked at how a civilian event like this could have been attacked. It just shows that we are never truly safe, even in our own country.
macgarthur
04/17/2013 11:47 pm
Sorry but everyone leaps to terrorism and that's what real terrorists want you to think, that everything bad that happens is an act of terrorism, whatever happened to people just being crazy? Were the school shootings acts of terrorism for political purposes? How about the guy who shot up the Batman premiere, that was for political terrorist reasons? Don't ever forget the fact some people are just crazy, and some people are just a-holes. Just because it involves a bomb doesn't immediately make it a terrorist act.
Dovahkaal
04/17/2013 10:40 pm
Agreed.
awesomkid2345
04/17/2013 4:26 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
I just saw something like that at my school(In Real Life)
So Sad
CastleCorp
04/17/2013 4:25 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
That's very nice. I like it.
Epicmaster075911
04/17/2013 4:22 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Dolphin
poop terrorism
macgarthur
04/17/2013 4:49 pm
Who said it was terrorism? That's just what the main stream media instantly thought of and started reporting on without any of the facts. For all we know it could have just been some a-hole with a bomb and is totally unrelated to any terrorist activities.
macgarthur
04/17/2013 3:36 pm
Not being rude just breaking balls, what I'm saying is true though. Sorry if it came across as rude, some people just need to lighten up a bit.
planetblox2000
04/17/2013 2:37 pm
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Just saw this on the news. I live in England, so I just found out.

I hope everyone over there is OK
macgarthur
04/17/2013 2:27 pm
That's what they said about the Boston marathon though...
Dovahkaal
04/17/2013 3:13 pm
Please keep any rude remarks to yourself.
GigabyteGiant
04/17/2013 1:03 pm
Level 42 : Master Droid
A very sad tragedy indeed.
We should all pray to God that everyone that was injured make a full recovery...

If someone drops TNT on a monument like that, I would call them a minecraft Terrorist and then chase them down. I am going to make this monument on every Survival world I play in, and on ever server that I play on...

(What texture pack are you using as well? I was just curios, not wanting to be rude or anything...)
Dovahkaal
04/17/2013 1:44 pm
That is ozocraft
GigabyteGiant
04/17/2013 1:55 pm
Level 42 : Master Droid
Ok, thanks...
macgarthur
04/17/2013 12:58 pm
That's a great idea until some kid drops TNT all over it...
Dovahkaal
04/17/2013 1:58 pm
Don't worry the area is protected.
PizzaPenguin_
04/17/2013 9:06 am
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
This.
Dovahkaal
04/17/2013 12:53 pm
what?
-Kali-
04/16/2013 10:15 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
May all the members of the accident get a full recovery

I saw the bomb go off.... Then I saw a ton of blood,some disguisting sights.... Then i ran
mineman5787
04/18/2013 1:58 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
YOU WERE THE BOMBER
Click to reveal
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJKKKKKKKKK

p.s i pay deep respects my friend was gut with a peice of shrapnull but made full recovery :confused:
Dovahkaal
04/17/2013 8:59 am
Wow, glad you are ok.
mrjrbacon
04/16/2013 10:17 pm
Level 42 : Master uwu
Scary
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com