Commandblocks (HELP/QUESTION)

Lexxonist's Avatar Lexxonist7/15/17 4:32 am
1 emeralds 423 5
7/16/2017 6:50 pm
Lexxonist's Avatar Lexxonist
Hey,

I'm wanting to create a server using commandblocks because of their many uses. I want it to be a spigot/bukkit server so I can have plugins in it as well to make work easier, however on a video of a commandblock creation it showed that commandblocks wouldn't work on bukkit/spigot so could I have clarification for that? Also is there a way to create a command block blocker so players can't access/use them and a way to blacklist commands such as /kill? Lastly, is there a way to make permissions in commandblocks.

I'm also looking for a few people to work with me on this, comment below if you're interested!

Thanks
Lexxonist
Level 37 : Artisan Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/16/2017 6:50 pm
Lexxonist
Alright thanks
07/16/2017 4:45 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
Bertiecrafter
No you can't. Bukkit (also implemented in Spigot) and especially the Essentials plugin give their own twist to commands, the main thing breaking is the selectors. (@a, @e, @p and @s)

The generated spigot.yml has the "replace-commands" list that makes all listed commands go back to their vanilla behaviour. I don't know if essentials (or any other plugin) overwrites this list, but at least the bukkit/spigot commands will be blocked.

Also, the new /reload command seems to ignore this list and you'll have to do /minecraft:reload for the original command.
07/16/2017 6:48 am
Lexxonist
uhh bump?
07/15/2017 6:31 pm
Lexxonist
Thanks Alpha, the reason I'm using commandblocks is because of their expansiveness and because none of my server's team can code plugins :/
My first question hasn't been answered yet, can I use commandblocks on bukkit/spigot servers without anything going wrong?
07/15/2017 5:38 am
Level 28 : Expert Pig
Dark_Alpha_
If you want to have a spigot/bukkit server with plugins then why would you use commandblocks for any complicated system.
But if you're not familiar with commandblocks at all (which I assume you are) then here is some explanation about how commandblocks work on servers and what you can do with them.

-To use commandblocks on servers you will need to go into the config file of your server and set the usability of commandblocks to 'TRUE'.
If you don't do this commandblocks can't be used at all. You can spawn them in and place them but any command you try to run with them will fail to execute.

-Commandblocks can't change the way a server is made. what I mean by this is that a vanilla server downloaded from the official minecraft website can't be modified to be able to use plugins by the use of commandblocks.
To use plugins you will need to download a spigot or bukkit server setup.

-Only players that are whitelisted in the 'OP' file of your server are able to acces commandblocks, break commandblocks and change lines in the commandblocks command input field.
You can give someone OP status, often known as admin status, by having someone with OP status typing the command /op <NAME> or by typing their name in the 'OP' file or by using the /op <NAME> command in the server terminal.

-As far as i know there isn't a way to setup a permission like system by the use of commandblocks thus you will have to use a plugin for that if you want people to acces certain commands.
But you should keep in mind that people can't use any command if they do not have 'OP' status.

I hope this helped.
-Alpha
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome