Dear Minecraft Players... Servers are becoming Stereotypical!

Spy Jay's Avatar Spy Jay9/24/19 6:52 pm history
10/11/2019 4:14 am
Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs1
https://youtu.be/_YFqNSEtnDg

Follow Up: Here is the definition of stereotypical:
"relating to a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing."

If you were to ask someone what servers to play in Minecraft, what would you most likely say?
e.g. Skyblock, Factions, Survival, Skywars & pretty much all the general ideas that a huge fraction of server owners are carrying on. That my friends, creates an oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of server. Yes, these communities continue to expand because of this and they might be very well popular.

However, to a degree, Roblox is outshining us because of the amount of times we're recycling a concept someone else has already done. We don't want a meme outshining us do we?
Spy Jay
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Lad

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/28/2019 4:28 amhistory
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Other games are outshining Minecraft because Minecraft is already 10+ years old and veteran players are slowly getting bored whereas newer players don't seem to get attracted as much as before. This is mainly because Minecraft has gotten some serious competition in the game market: there are tons of survival games out there these days.

Some are pretty much the same as Minecraft but much more extensive, whereas others are completely different.

The problem isn't so much with Minecraft and on that subject I think you chose a very poor way to describe servers. The problem is with the massive competition.

Why should I play the somewhat limited game of Minecraft if I can have a realistic looking survival game which also provides me with all the crafting and exploring that I expect to get?
09/28/2019 9:37 am
Spy Jay
I meant outshining in comparison, Minecraft is on the top of the boat and I don't believe that many people are getting bored. We're not the most best selling game worldwide, so as a game we're not out shined at all. What got Minecraft to that point is that we aren't limited, in fact there are more possibilities than one may think if we put our minds to it instead of reusing ideas. That's the purpose of this post.
09/26/2019 3:17 pmhistory
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
Born_0f_Fire
Any time someone asks me what mod / modpack to play, I always ask what do you enjoy doing in Minecraft? You wouldn't recommend Builder's Paradice to someone who enjoys hardcore questing.

Now if you are referring to modpacks that servers select, then absolutely the admins are going to select the most popular packs... they want to draw the largest crowd of players possible.

The the thing about Minecraft is there is no right or wrong way to play. I prefer heavy tech oriented packs with a large amount of grind and as such, packs like FTB Interactions and Project Ozone 3 work well for me. Conversely, because these packs cater to a very niche group of players, server populations tend to be extremely low.
10/01/2019 11:22 pm
Spy Jay
Good point. However when making this post I never really thought to consider modded servers. Those can be anything though, so I don't necessarily consider them stereotypical.
09/25/2019 5:06 pm
Spy Jay
Made an edit to the post for those who believe I don't know my vocabulary 😉
09/25/2019 7:15 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
I do get that there's a lot of the same servers, but most of them seem to die out very quickly when they don't have a new concept. There are servers without original concepts that stay afloat because of their community or good reputation. So while I agree that there is a lot of server that use the same plugins and are basicly the same servers with different staff. I still belive that servers, without having an original concept, can become something great.

And from that we might spark new ideas and concepts :)
09/28/2019 11:25 am
Spy Jay
In order for it to become something great it would need to have something distinct within that concept. Otherwise it adds onto the file.
09/28/2019 1:18 pm
Stubbs1
*Cough* community *Cough*
09/28/2019 10:17 pm
Spy Jay
Maybe so, but one that would no longer be special.
09/29/2019 2:28 pm
Stubbs1
A community is distinct. It always is. A community is always special because it's always a different range of people. Sure more people can be part of the same community, but you're never 50% 50% on both communities. There will always be a favorite, or one which you check more. That community is special, and makes the server itself special.
10/10/2019 5:36 pm
Spy Jay
I don't see anything special about a server that is repeatedly made for people to abandon a month later & move onto the next.
09/25/2019 7:06 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Cupcake
Yundaz
This is exactly why we go back to how minecraft should be played, back to the real deal.
Goodvid

PlanetMinecraftPage
09/24/2019 10:40 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
ChickenMac7
Generic*

Also, try Shotbow, it's a great, original server.
09/24/2019 7:16 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
angelkiwi
I definitely don't want to be rude, but I couldn't quite sit through your entire video.
I'm sure you made some interesting points, but I would advise you to work on your microphone work / audio editing. One can easily hear every time you open your mouth, every breath you take, etc.
09/24/2019 7:07 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
Recat013
Is a stereotypical Minecraft server RPG, survival, minigames, factions, prison, skyblock, modded, or something else? Cause there are a LOT of kinds of MC servers.
09/24/2019 10:30 pm
Spy Jay
I agree with everything except for modded & RPG, those servers are more general and can be whatever you make it. Factions & Prison servers are always going to be exactly what they are called.
09/24/2019 6:59 pm
angelkiwi
What, pray tell, constitutes a stereotypical Minecraft Server?
09/24/2019 10:29 pm
Spy Jay
What would you presume? One that we see all the time. Survival, Factions, Skyblock, etc
09/24/2019 11:02 pm
angelkiwi
I believe you're replacing the word 'popular' with 'stereotypical' - these gamemodes are popular for a reason. They're fun!
Survival Minecraft is the base game itself; there's no harm in playing it with others, and I can't say that all survival MC servers are the same because they're not! I have about five on my server list all with different plugins and ways they approach survival that make it fun and unique.
I can't speak for Factions, because Factions is a gamemode I personally don't enjoy, but I also acknowledge that tons of people like it. It definitely got me my start in PVP and when I decided it wasn't for me I moved on :)
Skyblock is a super wildly popular gamemode that plenty of people love. And for good reason! It's fun. Since when did popular turn into a bad thing?
09/25/2019 4:56 pm
Spy Jay
Nope. I meant exactly what I typed. Stereotypical and popular are two completely different words. I went with Stereotypical.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome