Favorite Server Gamemode?

MaleficiumMC's Avatar MaleficiumMC10/2/18 11:05 pm
10/4/2018 5:04 pm
MaleficiumMC's Avatar MaleficiumMC
I'm just really curious as to what the most popular gamemodes are right now. I'd love to see what you play and why you do :)
MaleficiumMC
Level 2 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/04/2018 2:58 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Kalos_Champion_Diantha
RPG/Creative for me.
10/04/2018 5:04 pm
MaleficiumMC
A lot of people say RPG is really fun, but I've never found a server (that stayed up anyways) that was a fun RPG experience
10/04/2018 12:21 pm
DarkWarriorAngel
Parkour is better
10/04/2018 12:28 pm
MaleficiumMC
I love parkour servers :D
10/04/2018 6:17 am
Level 46 : Master Architect
Isz
instead of putting other (rpg) the only other thing I play is survival on a whitelisted server. I prefer it to be as vanilla as possible and a trusted whitelisted server offers just that.
10/04/2018 12:29 pm
MaleficiumMC
It helps when making friendships and actually trusting people on the server if it's whilelisted imo
10/03/2018 11:54 amhistory
Level 26 : Expert Explorer
ChronoFury
Minigames for me. I can play Bed Wars for hours and never get bored and it's no surprise why minigame servers like Hypixel continue to thrive.

Sometimes, I enjoy a good bit of survival but it's difficult to sort through the barren wasteland of small survival multiplayer servers finding one that works for me. That's why these days I prefer to play survival on singleplayer.
10/04/2018 12:30 pm
MaleficiumMC
Survival on singleplayer is pretty fun, and I think servers like Hypixel will be some of the few to survive in the coming years with how the playerbase is going. Making a good survival server is hard since there's so many out there that are good but just don't have the playerbase they need to continue staying up.
10/03/2018 2:23 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
For me it would be Creative servers.
I think the whole Plot concept can be pulled off, but I know a lot of builders that I talk to hate plots because they feel it is limiting.
I see it more as a challenge, and most plot servers (With builder ranks instead of paid ranks) offer you the oppertunity to rank up with a fairly simple build, thus opening up for more plots to merge together.
10/03/2018 11:26 am
MaleficiumMC
Would you rather use plots or just a default generated creative world where you can claim an area and build there, allowing friends to help? I prefer the latter only because I completely agree with the dislike of plots since they are extremely limiting imo. I like being able to include the surrounding landscapes in builts.

I see where you're coming from though, with the challenge aspect of it. I'm never really good at building in the first place but it can be pretty fun to try to rank up and get more space for bigger, better builds.
10/04/2018 1:40 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Yeah, and I mean I've been around a lot of Creative server over the years, and honestly a simple midevil house with somewhat decent detail can rank you up on most of those servers : D
10/03/2018 12:17 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
I think your post is a bit confusing because basically you can only have 4 game modes: survival, creative, adventure and spectator where the latter is kind of useless on a server I suppose ;)

Another issue I have with the poll is that you're mixing up quite a bit. I mean, 'Parkour' is basically a mini game, but that could also be easily played on that whitelisted survival server ;)
10/03/2018 11:22 am
MaleficiumMC
I was honestly just putting things that I, as well as friends, play currently. The gamemodes listed above really represent full out server gamemodes. In the example of parkour, they would have an entire portion of the server dedicated to parkour and related features. When I say mini-games, I mean an entire minigames server, such as Hypixel to name one.

I completely get what you're saying though, I really should've expanded on what was listed. Thank you for your input!
10/02/2018 11:40 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Lad
Spy Jay
I voted for Other, as these are all stereotypical Minecraft servers. If you were to tell someone you're about to play Minecraft they would assume one of these branches  of Minecraft servers if not one of the top servers.
10/03/2018 11:27 am
MaleficiumMC
I completely agree with you! Most of these gamemodes I play or have heard of, therefore I figured a lot of other people would too, thus getting more people to vote.

However, in your opinion, what's your favorite type of server then?
10/03/2018 4:48 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Lad
Spy Jay
I don't know exactly, my best option would be RP. It's been a long time since I played Minecraft to play a server primarily rather than run one.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome