I feel bad for people joining post 2013

Beast6501's Avatar Beast65014/8/15 10:53 am
4/8/2015 6:46 pm
RejectedTaco's Avatar RejectedTaco
Well, I have been playing MineCraft from the start, and I think it is easy to say that the old Minecraft = the best Minecraft. I just loved the soundtrack, the texture, only having to worry about your hearts. Before brewing, the "end" which is useless besides the ended dragon in my opinion. I just have the fondest memories of these tiose times, and it makes me sad that new players can't fully experience this. I guess it's just me. Some more things I miss are grieving servers, iCHG, "removed her brine" the old fall damage sound, crappy AI of mobs, making funny achievements, and there is so much more. Although you guys might not like what I'm about to say, this is how I feel. I miss grieving servers, it was fun to troll admins and moderators... The servers used to be unrodected, and people so gullible. But now there are plugins. I miss vanilla faction servers... Now it is all those mini game servers... In my opinion, we have forgotten what mine craft is all about, BUILDING! All of those vanilla faction and building servers, actually playing single player. Some of the mods I miss are Single Player Commands, Too Many Jtens, and Mo' Creatures. I may add more if I forgot anything and this would be better formatted but I'm on my phone! Thanks!
Beast6501
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/08/2015 6:46 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
RejectedTaco
In my opinion this game would be crap without the updates. The creativity that updates give people is insane. Without 1.8 we wouldn't have had any of the amazing new mini games that a lot of people seem to love and enjoy, we wouldn't have the excitement of a new release or snapshot.

I think that a lot of minecraft is the community. And without cool updates, patches, optimization updates and other cool little "goodies" that you'll get in an update, everyone would get bored and become uninterested as the game would be as bland and boring as Alpha / Beta was. Sure, it was cool and nostalgic. However, I go back to it now and it's just a buggy, unpolished mess. The game doesn't work half as smooth (Not meaning FPS, I'm talking game-play wise) and there are WAY less features.

It's still fun to go back though
04/08/2015 6:34 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
Jrcarp
I hate how servers are becoming networks and hubs nowadays. And also those pvp people who always say: "eZ ermgaherard get reckt scrub n00b lser"
04/08/2015 6:34 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
I personally love Minecraft beta (1.7.3/1.8.1) over the current version. It really sucks that the older versions are filled with bugs (not very many game changing ones, at least for me) and exploits (which will prevent many people from setting up servers).

I joined in June 2012.
04/08/2015 6:18 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
I find the end pointless because once you get that 80 to 120 xp levels then youll die and get five levels back and i liked when i had a 1.6.6 world then got pistons in 1.7 becuase i found a cave and whatever stuff and why wouldnt they make emerald armour or tools if they added emeralds so thats my logic hpping again this made sense
04/08/2015 5:51 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
gordon330011
I went back and played some alpha a few days ago, the nostalgia was real....
04/08/2015 5:46 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
04/08/2015 5:37 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Blacksmith
Henry_Jekyll
Okay, so I've only been playing since 2012, so I can't say I've been playing from the beginning, but I kind of oppose your sayings here. Alright, I get you're nostalgic, that's fine, I get like that sometimes too, but these new updates, the end, brewing, have all added a lot of gameplay and fun. I guess it's just me, but I absolutely love farming and hunting and such to brew up a potion that gives me superhuman abilities. Mods are being updated as we speak to keep up with new versions, too. While I understand you like griefing and faction servers, they still overpopulate the servers section, and people like me, don't really like waking up to find my base has been destroyed, or that my stuff has been taken, or being killed and having my stuff stolen. I guess you can switch back to the olden versions in the launcher, and you can still wish that it was still the only type used, but these updates are doing good for us all.
04/08/2015 3:49 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1665509
[deleted]
04/08/2015 12:11 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Architect
Xoyjaz
Beast6501Well, I have been playing MineCraft from the start, and I think it is easy to say that the old Minecraft = the best Minecraft. I just loved the soundtrack, the texture, only having to worry about your hearts. Before brewing, the "end" which is useless besides the ended dragon in my opinion. I just have the fondest memories of these tiose times, and it makes me sad that new players can't fully experience this. I guess it's just me. Some more things I miss are grieving servers, iCHG, "removed her brine" the old fall damage sound, crappy AI of mobs, making funny achievements, and there is so much more. Although you guys might not like what I'm about to say, this is how I feel. I miss grieving servers, it was fun to troll admins and moderators... The servers used to be unrodected, and people so gullible. But now there are plugins. I miss vanilla faction servers... Now it is all those mini game servers... In my opinion, we have forgotten what mine craft is all about, BUILDING! All of those vanilla faction and building servers, actually playing single player. Some of the mods I miss are Single Player Commands, Too Many Jtens, and Mo' Creatures. I may add more if I forgot anything and this would be better formatted but I'm on my phone! Thanks!

I think when such a great and new game was released to the masses it was interesting and exciting. Until now you feel like you know everything about the game (mostly) and so does everyone else on a large scale. Its talked about everyday on a proffesional level and the level of skills has made a big difference in players. Only thing that can motivate you to play is your imagination.

Its not what it used to, but its not beacuse of the game, its beacuse what is happening outside the game. And it has been like this all the time. Just think deep on this one, I am sure you get what I am talking about. Coming from the guy who started in september 2010. I know when, which map and how I got to play minecraft. I have seen the changes over the years, but I only take what I like and these days I dont really care for anything else than the updates I personally can have controll over what is going on
04/08/2015 12:03 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
Or use the new launcher to play an older version. They have every Minecraft version ever made available to download and play.
04/08/2015 11:15 am
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
single-player commands is still being developed, 1.7 is either on hold or being skipped however

too many items is still being developed, but is slowly being replaced by not enough items

Mo creatures is still being developed, its currently in 1.7.10

i have been playing from the start and i am glad that minecraft gets updated adding new stuff, or i would be bored of it
04/08/2015 10:59 am
Level 46 : Master Pixel Painter
LetsPlay2D
Singe Player Commands in Multiplayer?
04/08/2015 10:54 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Beast6501
Oh, I also miss the emoticons!!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com