*Improving Minecraft*

RenegadeRad's Avatar RenegadeRad2/24/16 2:58 am
1 emeralds 2.1k 22
2/28/2016 4:35 am
Lachie1770's Avatar Lachie1770

We all know that Minecraft is a vast game with a vast community. With 1.9 coming up, I guess we should take note that majority of the community (the mature ones please, not kids who like anything and everything because it is their favorite game, no offence, i'm not stereotyping) disagrees with few things the update gives. As a matter of fact it is damn sure that after 1.7 updates, the main aspect and the simplistic, innovative, unique feel of the game are slowly dying out, In other words the originality of the game. Minecraft is suddenly becoming more complex than ever, I know it is sometimes a good thing but see this - Doesn't complexity comes from simplicity? when you utilize the simplicity?

I know that we should not develop the game with an 'into the box thinking' but the thing is the developers have done the opposite - made it ridiculously overdone and ruined the main aspects of the original game

Now I have been in the community for sometime and I'm not gonna bluff but I am too good in understanding dilemma and problems in societies and psychology. Now if Im ever going to have tthe chance of developing Minecraft, this is all I'm going to do and change. These are my ideas which are an opinion Inself too so please don't flame at me, I have been as fair as I can.

Lets see the basics first - we want simplicity which can be customizable and innovative, so we should not add things which themselves in the game are overly complex

1) Diversity in simplicity

2) Something which everyone might disagree with - to give the game a bit of RPG feel, not quests and all, but with adding objects and creating challenges a player can choose either to do or not, freely; just like the way you can freely go to the nether whenever you want.

3) To add more life and depth to the game, probably by adding some more ambient elements like simple biomes with more material to explore, sounds, simple mobs, and NPCs without overdoing it.

4) We need to make the game fair in every aspect, gameplay, combat, redstone and commands. Note that I do not want to touch redstone or command related things because they are the best things which are there, see the endless possibilities. So I raise a glass to 1.9 for adding the new command blocks and commands.

Okay, so here are the changes which I think should be made -

The Dimensions -

Well, in 1.9 we have the infinite dimensions in the end. But to be honest it has literally ruined the game. Because of the complexity, why would you add another portal to reach those islands? why make them far from the main islands? If you wanted to create a scenario where those outer islands is a 'reward' after killing the ender dragon, why couldn't you just make a 'barrier' around the main island which gets off after killing the ender dragon?

Breaking it down into understandable sentences, what I want to be added here is to make the end infinite with big islands surrounding the main island, and they are at a reachable and visible distance from the main island, without using any specific portal. and you cannot reach there until you kill the dragon as whenever you try to leave the main island there is like a lighting on you constantly (calm down, Satan)

Now lets get to the nether. Honestly, I think we should add more to the nether here. The terrain generation of the nether should be made more 'flat' and simple to navigate but not THAT simple. Nether over hanging cities should be added, Nether fortresses should have more depth like End cities. We can add so many specific rewards and things there in the nether.

Terrain -

One of the most important things I would like to discuss. Now tell me one thing, what do you find more appealing.

This

Or This

Not being a nostalgia crybaby here, But accept the fact that the new terrain generation IS too realistic and makes it literally impossible to find a perfect spot to build something, making it a bit dull because Minecraft is a blocky game, it should have blocky aspects, gosh. If we look back at the simple generation of beta, we see how good it was. The main point here is to make the world more 'flat' giving the player more area to build, giving the old not - able - to - describe - in - words feels and only adding simple biomes, keeping the shape of trees in different biomes excluding jungle similar to oak. we can have only biomes of snow, normal (forest) , desert, ocean and mesa. The hills will be in every biome, and extreme hills can be added with customize world option. And, removing the craziness of hills, making them a bit more blocky and a bit flat. We should have villages in every biome, with different types of houses, and villagers (their clothing).

Now taking those aside, I would like to add challenge in the game. Making strongholds smaller and making gigantic Dungeons with similar generation to strongholds. They would challenging RPG and rougelike dungeons similar to this -

You can explore them for hours (Like pixel dungeon if you have played it lol) and get rewards!

More things I would like to add in generation would be underwater ship wreks (not sure about this) and Hostile Mob Camps, which you can raid to get loot.

Mechanisms -

Now lets come to the fun part. In the 1.8 and 1.9 updates the only things I agreed with the most are banners, potion tipped arrows, shields and the combat improvement (no more spam clicks, yay!) Reason is that you can customize those simple items as much as you want. So, in a similar way I would like to customize simple objects. Here are my ideas!

1) Potion tipped swords - hell yea (only the bad effects)
2) Able to add logos on chestplates similar to banners (eg wither skull on the front of chestplate
3) Extending the hunger duration (hunger is an enormous problem since beta 1.8, it is too fast)
4) Ability to Climb a 2 or 3 block wall using jump + shift while running towards it.
5) Combat mechanics from this blog - http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/com ... -minedeas/ and increasing the duration between attacks, and make the combat more strategic rather than just rushing. Can also add some combos, using some slick blocky animations yo...
6) Making bookshelfs one sided, and they face from where you place them (similar to stairs)
7) Make FPS, animations and textures similar to Windows 10 edition beta
8) Make Minecraft launcher more authentic, and make Minecraft a stand alone game rather than requiring a whole server client launcher which makes the game rough and laggy, instead you can choose to change versions within the game, modding is possible too.
9) Make stars, texts and things more 'bigger' like them good old days
10) Make the main menu similar to windows 10 edition, and replace the dirt background with an ingame scenery, making the selection tabs and all that in grey tabs or translucent tabs.
11) Specific ambient sounds when in certain biomes
12) Who doesn't want to join iron bars and fence?
13) Holding a torch in the second hand makes the area around you brighter
14) Able to duel hit with swords, making more choosable how you want to combat, with shield, sword or sword, sword.
15) Adding custom enchantments (Like lighting when hit with) which cannot be accessed simply, they are only on weapons you find in dungeons. the texture of specific weapons, armor and shields are a bit different (like just a texture change in the blade part of the sword or the hilt) sometimes random generated, but in order only, not making it like a rainbow sword or something.
16) I wonder what would happen if you could throw swords by pressing shift + Q as a last defense... and also pick them up later...
17) Ever wanted to befriend an Iron golem to make him your bodyguard?
18) Transportation blocks dont use entity tag, they have their separate mechanisms of vehicles.
19) Villagers now have a female variety!

Beautiful!'
20) Change your bed colours with dyes using crafting table
21) Making the armor LESS bulkier and more attached to the skin
22) Mushroom soups, beetroot soups and name tags are stackable
23) Hanging vines are climable, carefully though...
24) Chests now dont need a one block gap between them, they can be placed together.
25) Unequipped weapons and tools appear to be sheathed on the side waist & shields on back
26) now there are female variety off mobs with slight sound, model and texture differences

Blocks -

The new ender block types and dirt path are a charm in 1.9, but I disagree with Elytra, what is this; a Batman? Well, I will change that without removing it.
Now the final part, the blocks I would like to add-
1) Stone cutter (removing the crafting ability of specific blocks like stairs and slabs from workbench and adding them here)
2) Simple Furniture - Tables and Chairs only as of now
3) Obsidian sword and chestplate (After killing Ender Dragon)
4) More weapons - Waraxe, daggers and Spears
5) Flying Machine Similar to Leonardo Da Vinci's, the texture would be blocky and wood for the skeletal from, and wool for the wing part
6) Obsidian Boat to explore the nether.
7) Vertical Slabs of blocks, including Horizontal and vertical slabs of Mirrors
8) Quivers, and have a specific slot for them, and have a 3D texture too, visible when put on, can be worn on top of armor.
9) Flags! Yes, they are different from Banners
10) Bridge block

Mobs -

This is something that people mostly ignore, but again, Im not going to change it much either. I liked the skeleton mechanism of body animations though.

1) Removing Shulkers and adding Flying Guardian type creature with ender texture called Endereye mob, drops ender eye when killed, and attacks are similar to guardians, the rays of it lifts you and hurts you.
2) Nether Golems - hostile mobs which are huge and hard to battle
3) Removing those non sensical zombie pigmen and adding Nether zombies who are reddish green and have wither 'infection' on them
4) Fishes! (only some dark color textures though)
5) Birds? I don't know about this one...
6) THE MOST OPTIONAL THING EVER - MAKING VILLAGERS HUMAN AND REMOVING SQUIDWARDS (VOTE IN POLL)

7) post your ideas on what hostile animals to add, simple only though

Well, thats wall! if you disagree then write your words below, but do so kindly! And if you would like to add more then please write them!

Thank you for your time!

If I had a penny for every time I said simple and simplicity...
RenegadeRad
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/28/2016 2:55 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Archer
qwEArfzwsertgredtyhr
I Like All Those Ideas, Except Removing Shulkers OR the Elytra.
Oh And... Get Rid Of The Crazy Squid Villagers! *Baby Begging Voice* Pwees Wepwace Dem Wid Humans? Ok, The Baby Thing Was Overdoing It!
02/28/2016 4:35 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
Nah Keep it for the modded servers... Modded have the ability to have things that vanilla servers dream about.. Anyway They make some of the Minecraft videos funny xD
02/28/2016 1:48 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
Nah It wouldnt seem right if the villagers looked different, Just keep them the same, they have looked like that since the start so any change now would ruin it, but hey they ruined the combat in 1.9 so they might as well ruin other stuff..
02/26/2016 5:02 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Scribe
SuperSecretFakeAccount
If you liked the earlier versions of minecraft, go back and play them. If you hate the villagers, install a mod, (MCA), If you dont like minecrafts terrain, install biomes of plenty, ect.

Although I do not agree with you entirely, I do believe they should release a *patched* version 1.1, For ye oldes

EDIT: Accidentaly summed up what CaptainMurica said.
02/28/2016 1:29 am
RenegadeRad
Okay then...
02/25/2016 12:33 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
I don't think the villagers need to be changed. They fit their purpose very well, and if you want more out of them you can install a mod or plugin.

As for the dungeons, my position is the same as with villagers. There are mods and plugins that create these. If someone wants to play with them, he can install a mod or start up a small server with a plugin.

Mojang has added a few features found in mods into the main game before, but every time they do they kill an indi project that was the manifestation of what someone had taught themselves about Java. I'm sure Mojang would rather cultivate a generation of programmers than encourage people to just wait and let the first party add features for them.

Minecraft is designed to be a sandbox game, in terms of both in-game and programming creativity.
02/26/2016 4:21 am
RenegadeRad
Well, you do have a point
02/25/2016 11:43 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
RenegadeRad
avrona
You don't get it man,

I do get it.

You should respect that Minecraft should not be so overly complex

I do respect. I don't think it should be too complex. You must have been reading some other post.

Minecraft should not be so overly complex

And yet you suggest so many tacky ideas?

you are showing yourself as a fan boy (no offence) who likes everything in the game no matter how it changes because it is his/her favorite.

Oh boy, so much to address in that sentance. Where to start? Well let's start with the fact I am not a fanboy, Yet again, you may have read something different. I just love every part of 1.9. It's my fault they created a great update!

You might say 'i like the game as it is' no, no you don't

How do you know? You can't read my mind, and if you could you would not find "I don't like the game as it is now."

the community makes the game

Erm.. how?!

Ok then, the community actually makes the game, search 'LoL community' on google and do some research lmao

And apologies for judging you wrong man, but please I dont want to make a discussion of wether 1.9 is good or not. This post is about my ideas on how to make Minecraft better

minecraft and league of legends are different games....

also if you dont want people to say they dont agree with you dont post it
02/25/2016 11:27 am
RenegadeRad
avrona
You don't get it man,

I do get it.

I do respect. I don't think it should be too complex. You must have been reading some other post.

you are showing yourself as a fan boy (no offence) who likes everything in the game no matter how it changes because it is his/her favorite.

Oh boy, so much to address in that sentance. Where to start? Well let's start with the fact I am not a fanboy, Yet again, you may have read something different. I just love every part of 1.9. It's my fault they created a great update!

How do you know? You can't read my mind, and if you could you would not find "I don't like the game as it is now."

Erm.. how?!

Ok then, the community actually makes the game, search 'LoL community' on google and do some research lmao

And apologies for judging you wrong man, but please I dont want to make a discussion of wether 1.9 is good or not. This post is about my ideas on how to make Minecraft better
02/25/2016 11:19 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
You don't get it man,

I do get it.

Erm.. how?!
02/25/2016 10:45 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Flappo
Making female villagers is bad in my opinion, it can lead to a lot of hate and discussions for mojang.
Also, Mojang decided to not add genders in the game, so it's impossible to get into the game.
02/25/2016 10:13 am
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
Bertiecrafter
I don't understand why people keep making these kinds of posts. Discussions can lead to something good, more knowledge or help with decision making. But these posts are useless. Mojang is highly likely to not read these posts, so making polls about them and saying what you want to improve is completly useless. Some do like 1.9, some don't, some servers will stay on 1.8, some don't...... so what?

I think this is the third post (if there aren't more) about 1.9 features or "latest mc versions" in general. They only make people mad and nothing gets achieved, unless your goal is to make people angry.
02/25/2016 7:51 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
I personally love every bit of 1.9. From the elytra, to the fixed combat, I even like the fact it causes trouble for plugins. But MC should not look like something made by a modder with too much free time, nor should it return to the more basic MC.
02/25/2016 8:00 am
RenegadeRad
You don't get it man, the game is too rough now. You should respect that Minecraft should not be so overly complex because complexity automatically comes from simplicity, also I have how to improve Minecraft, you are showing yourself as a fan boy (no offence) who likes everything in the game no matter how it changes because it is his/her favorite. I also said I agree with some things in the update too lol

You might say 'i like the game as it is' no, no you don't because the community makes the game and if you are a part of it you should know the aspects of the game

Not flaming at you fam, just giving my point
02/25/2016 9:53 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
your opinion is nobody has opinions and theyre faking it.... thats false everybody has an opinion its their opinion on what they said and how they read it and i love chorus fruit cause the random tp of it and cause i can make purpur blocks and stuff.... also i couldnt find exactly what it calls the color of them so ima call it purpur for now lol... its not magenta thats too bright...
02/25/2016 10:01 am
RenegadeRad
02/24/2016 10:35 pm
Level 27 : Expert Cake
Dirt Blocks
I think the last good release was 1.1 even though I despise hunger. Yes it's survival but MC was so much better w/o it. The crap they put in is complete garbage and only the people who played alpha and beta will understand me. I feel Beta 1.7 and below are the best versions of MC. This new stuff is going to bring minecraft down. No wonder pc sales are horrible in the past few years.
02/24/2016 5:45 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Senpai
GrayRemnant
I like pretty much everything in this update, and I feel like Minecraft is being pushed in the correct direction. For the villagers, specifically, I'm 100% on board. The old villagers didn't even look human, and the sounds they made were infinitely annoying.
02/24/2016 1:01 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
02/24/2016 12:44 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
I actually would support the hell out of these ideas, which is rare because I hate most user suggestions. The gameplay/terrain changes would breath sooo much new life back into the game, because right now the only thing I play is modded worlds. The game needs to focus more on people that like to explore in Minecraft, it needs to take a step back from Redstoners and Builders. Sure, 1.9 adds some combat and some minuscule content to the end, but thats really it.
02/25/2016 12:27 am
RenegadeRad
Thanks man, and you are right that the developers should focus more on the originality of the game like Notch did, I wonder this is why Notch left Minecraft because he realized one thing that vastness in the community corrupts a game, Indie games are not 'corrupted' because of their small mature audience who actually know the main aspect of the game.

Not over exaggerating but Minecraft has been made into a business because of so many kids attracted to it for no reason so the developers thought "HEY WE GOT SO MANY KIDS HERE WITH US LET US INCREASE OUR SALES BY BOASTING WITH CONSTANT NEW UPDATES AS WELL AS EPIC MERCHANDISE BECAUSE WHO CARES ABOUT OUR MATURE CREATIVE COMMUNITY WHO KNOW THE ORIGINAL GAME BECAUSE THEY DON'T HYPE UP EVERYTHING WHICH RESULTS IN INCREASE OF SALES LIKE KIDS DO LOLOLOLOL"
02/24/2016 12:06 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
BananaInCharge
I haven't played the game properly for about a year but I'd definitely jump back onto it if it was like this. I loved the game back in the day and a lot of the new stuff seems unnecessary.

Extremely well written post by the way, respect for that.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome