Is minecraft dead & full of trolls

pheb's Avatar pheb12/21/17 3:09 am
1/2/2018 7:00 pm
pheb's Avatar pheb
I Voted Yes, It's Dead and Full of Rude Trolls
pheb
Level 12 : Journeyman Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/01/2018 3:32 pmhistory
Level 25 : Expert Crafter
idk lol
Other people have put it in better context than me, but it comes down to a few factors...

You're bound to find at least a small percentage of people on a server who tend to troll or be mean/annoying. I've played on a couple servers that aren't as popular as Hypixel, Mineplex, etc., and most of those smaller servers (some of which didn't have chat filters) were filled with people who spammed the chat with rude comments and profanity.

Then again, I don't know which servers you play on, but either way, Minecraft as a whole isn't dead (in my opinion) just because of these "trolls." I find that on servers like Hypixel, there is toxicity, but only sometimes. There is a large playerbase on Hypixel, and despite a couple jabs now and then, people still enjoy playing on that server.
When someone does curse or something at me after I kill them in-game, or if they make a rude comment in general, I usually ignore it. Ofc you can report "verbal abuse" on the forums of many servers, but there are people (aka me) who just play the game to play and have fun (or in my case are too lazy to actually report anyone via the forums).

Why not just play on a big server like Mineplex or Hypixel (or the Hive or something, whichever suits your needs)?

I feel like that whole paragraph I just wrote is kind of useless, but I'm just saying that I don't think Minecraft is dead at all (although it probably will die at some point), and even though there are toxic people online, you don't have to focus on their comments if they ruin the experience for you. Heck, if it's that bad, just turn chat off in the minecraft settings lol

gg
01/02/2018 6:59 pm
pheb
lmao, I only play on hypixel and the hive, it's mainly the sexism that gets to me, I'm fine with cursing (because I do sometimes... whoops)
12/26/2017 9:49 am
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
ieryana
If you play on Servers with a lack of decent community, and shitty staff, then yea, you'll get trolls, but mostly the servers I play on are friendly, fun and not dead!

I've been playing with the same people, give or take a few, for coming up to 5 years now.
12/27/2017 4:52 pm
pheb
what server's do you play on?
12/27/2017 10:36 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
ieryana
I'm actually building one right now - so that one for the moment lol!
12/23/2017 6:56 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer
TheCursedPick
Yes, on many big servers you're bound to find a troll or two, but if you're careful with where you play then you shouldn't have too many problems.
This is just MY experience tho.
12/26/2017 2:01 am
pheb
yeah, it's just i've quit playing due to sexist trolls except for when my friends come on servers. no matter what server i've tried (about 50) i have experienced this on all of them.
12/31/2017 10:22 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer
TheCursedPick
Sexist? I've never met a sexist minecraftion.. What servers do you play?
01/02/2018 7:00 pm
pheb
hypixel, the hive and beanblockz
12/23/2017 12:17 am
Level 23 : Expert Imposter
Winkybunion
Doesn't most everything have its trolls?
12/22/2017 5:45 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
If you feel Minecraft is full of trolls I guess you're in need to change servers.
12/22/2017 9:40 pm
pheb
Trust me, I do change servers often. Most people on whatever servers who are rude are sexist and misogynistic but I deal with it.
12/22/2017 4:45 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
Short answer: No

Long answer: Minecraft isn't really dead, it's not as big as it used to be, but it's definitely not dead. Maybe the people who you enjoyed playing minecraft with don't anymore, but there's still lots of people who play it. Also, maybe in some places there are trolls, but I personally haven't seen a troll in a long time, especially here on PMC.
12/22/2017 4:26 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
GrejDotExe
I dont think Minecraft is FULL of trolls but it has a few
12/22/2017 11:50 pm
Level 27 : Expert Procrastinator
Just Okay Animations
I agree.
12/22/2017 10:43 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
Acier
If someone is a rude troll you should report them to paril and he will ban them from minecraft
12/23/2017 12:17 am
Level 23 : Expert Imposter
Winkybunion
It's impossible for this guy to "ban them from minecraft"
12/22/2017 4:46 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
Flaming_Dorito
Who is Paril?
12/22/2017 4:57 pm
Acier
He is the founder of the ATM (anti troll movement) www.planetminecraft.com/member/paril/
12/21/2017 6:13 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
KingAndrew
lol this is quite interesting
12/21/2017 5:07 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Trolls are not a valid mob, and so the poll is half invalidated. The other half is invalidated by continuing sales, this forum's activity, and quite a bit of general activity.

However, the OP does have suspiciously close connections to a salt pillar. That, or the OP is being ironic.
12/22/2017 1:28 am
pheb
and you, sir, are trolling
12/22/2017 10:37 amhistory
raidarr
Nope, it seems to be you who's trolling with the existence of a semi-pointless thread. It's a respectable effort, and you at least got me, but the only real explanation I can pose for this thread is that you're a salt pillar (salty because someone got you) or have cleverly integrated your nature into the subject of this thread.

Either way, I don't take it very seriously. Though this post may defeat the point of saying that >.>
12/22/2017 4:13 pm
pheb
I'm not salty, I was just stating that I believe minecraft is dead and full of trolling, rude people
12/23/2017 12:52 amhistory
raidarr
And I believe you are wrong, objectively on one count, and subjectively on the other (though only because 'full of trolling, rude people' is a very subjective phrase to apply that is easily contested).

I suppose we must agree to disagree on the second point, but the first ("minecraft is dead") is a blatant falsehood born of salt, an inability to recognize that minecraft is still growing on multiple platforms, and/or inability to realize that PMC is still going and Minecraft Forums are still going - both foremost platforms for minecraft activity. They are still active, and Mojang has a new update on the board, so you are flat out wrong unless you are extremely liberal in the application of the word 'dead'.

Some trolls, sure. 'full of trolls', nah. Full of overly sensitive people, more like, and that doesn't help legitimate people and only makes a troll's life more fun. But I digress...
12/21/2017 2:23 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
12/21/2017 4:39 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
12/21/2017 3:16 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
IndyJacksonTT
Obviously you don't play multiplayer.
Trolls. They are annoying people who just like to be annoying.
12/21/2017 5:12 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
12/21/2017 7:21 pm
pheb
dude u trolling
12/22/2017 10:41 am
Acier
No he isn't I can confirm there is no mob im very good at the game
12/22/2017 4:14 pm
pheb
I think everyone knows that, but he KNOWS that I'm talking about the not literal meaning of troll
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome