1

LAN server problems

Exurbia •8/4/12 5:15 am
•
2.5k
•
8/13/2012 2:39 pm
Hey guys, me and my brother have been really excited about the LAN servers in 1.3, because we will finally get to play Minecraft together. But, as we found out today, we can't connect to a LAN server. We've opened a world to LAN, but it won't show up on the multiplayer list. We've also tried to directly connect with the IP but it doesn't work. I fear that our problem is that we have the same IP, but I don't know if that matters.
Can anyone help?
Posted by
Exurbia
Retired Moderator
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Elf
1,206

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

10

wackyninja4
• 08/13/2012 2:39 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
Help! When Minecraft 1.3 came out we were excited because we could finally play together via LAN but when we tried it it just said "Connecting to the server" for a while then it said "Connection timed out" The LAN server hasn't been working since then and my brother and I can't connect to each other. We took drastic measures. We reset the Windows homegroup and equalized the snooper settings but it doesn't work!! Can someone give me tips? Not something like Try reconnecting to Internet or Try Direct Connecting please give me something that will actually work!? Thanks!
1
Exurbia
• 08/04/2012 6:27 am
• Level 62 : High Grandmaster Elf
Alright, we tried direct connect and it worked. Thanks guys!
1
OrigamiNinja123
• 08/04/2012 5:33 am
• Level 26 : Expert System
I had that problem, but I direct connected and it worked so I can't help you except try direct connecting again
1
nickfromgreece
• 08/04/2012 5:32 am
• Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
has he got mods installed?
1
superkill2
• 08/04/2012 5:31 am
• Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
happened to me !
1
PyroDalmatian
• 08/04/2012 5:29 am
• Level 9 : Apprentice Zombie
ExurbiaHey guys, me and my brother have been really excited about the LAN servers in 1.3, because we will finally get to play Minecraft together. But, as we found out today, we can't connect to a LAN server. We've opened a world to LAN, but it won't show up on the multiplayer list. We've also tried to directly connect with the IP but it doesn't work. I fear that our problem is that we have the same IP, but I don't know if that matters.
Can anyone help?


I'm having the same problem when I try to play with my sister, I bet you soon enough it will be fixed if not a solution will probably we found.
1
Sky_Hawk_003
• 08/04/2012 5:28 am
• Level 13 : Journeyman Narwhal
Just try the ip the LAN gives you. You both on the same network? Somthing like that worked for me and my brothers.
1
Rydanian
• 08/04/2012 5:27 am
• Level 53 : Grandmaster Modder
Hmm...You might have to open a hole in your network (port forward) to allow access to the server itself for other people, don't know if this will help, but hopefully this may be a solution to your problem.
1
hornet5517
• 08/04/2012 5:22 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
I have the same problem -.-
1
Redhillies67
• 08/04/2012 5:18 am
• Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
The same ip doesnt matter it was working fine, did you press open to lan and try messing with the settins
1

Welcome