Minecraft Bug?

Smink's Avatar Smink6/6/11 5:12 am
1 emeralds 158 3
6/6/2011 10:03 am
WoxandWarf's Avatar WoxandWarf
Yeah ive looked over the official minecraft forums, and the pmc forums and youtube ^.^ for a solution to this but i have still been unable to find one :O

The bug
well the bug (well i think it is ?) is when you place some redstone torches down and sometimes they "burn out"
because you can hear it fiss etc and then it dosnt come back on and then when you replace it, it does the same thing and burns out again- is there a solution to make the redstone torches to never/not "burn out" any help or feedback is well apprecheated

also tell me if you are having the same problem
Smink
Level 58 : Grandmaster Pegasus

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/06/2011 10:03 am
Level 37 : Artisan Pokemon
WoxandWarf
Was the power on when you placed the redstone torch?
By the way, it's probably a bad idea to type your post inside a quote from someone else.
06/06/2011 7:26 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Pegasus
Smink
creeperCaroleFrom Minecraftwiki:

Redstone torches will burn out when switched between the on and off states too often, specifically every 1/3-1/4 seconds. This typically happens when the player creates an infinite feedback loop by inadvertently or purposely wiring a redstone torch back into itself (a one clock). This will cause the torch to apply a current to itself thus turning it off and removing current allowing the torch to come back on and once again apply current to itself. This will cause the torch and any mechanisms wired to it to rapidly activate and deactivate repeatedly and could crash the game depending on the complexity of the mechanism. This is likely why Notch programmed the torches to burn out. When burnt out the torch will issue a puff of smoke and a hiss similar to an extinguished torch and remain off for approximately six seconds before turning back on. If the torch burns itself out again it will remain off until the feedback loop is removed.

Redstone torches can also burn out if one clicks a lever quickly and repeatedly with the lever being hooked up to a redstone torch.

oo thanks however i dont like spam click my redstone switch, and when i replace them it goes out instantly again
Hope that helps Smink!
06/06/2011 7:10 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
From Minecraftwiki:

Redstone torches will burn out when switched between the on and off states too often, specifically every 1/3-1/4 seconds. This typically happens when the player creates an infinite feedback loop by inadvertently or purposely wiring a redstone torch back into itself (a one clock). This will cause the torch to apply a current to itself thus turning it off and removing current allowing the torch to come back on and once again apply current to itself. This will cause the torch and any mechanisms wired to it to rapidly activate and deactivate repeatedly and could crash the game depending on the complexity of the mechanism. This is likely why Notch programmed the torches to burn out. When burnt out the torch will issue a puff of smoke and a hiss similar to an extinguished torch and remain off for approximately six seconds before turning back on. If the torch burns itself out again it will remain off until the feedback loop is removed.

Redstone torches can also burn out if one clicks a lever quickly and repeatedly with the lever being hooked up to a redstone torch.

Hope that helps Smink!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome