Minecraft School

mop8899's Avatar mop88993/6/14 5:27 pm
1 emeralds 6.3k 175
12/23/2014 10:29 pm
janidorr's Avatar janidorr
Have you ever wanted to become a teacher, but you don’t want to go to school to become a real life teacher? Or do you want to learn about redstone, website design, coding, japanese, and more? Well here’s your chance! In this server, you will be able to learn, and or teach!

24/7 Note: The server is 24/7, classes are not!
Family friendly environment!
Nice community!
Great teachers!
No lag

Students: Just like real life, there are general rule, and expectations the teachers have for you. You will be expected to follow these rules:
No swearing, we want too keep the server family friendly.
No spamming, advertising, or using all caps, it gets annoying.
Once in a classroom, listen to the teacher. The teacher can kick you from the class.

Teachers: Here are some guidelines and what you need to do.
*Be mature, just like real life, you can lose your job!
*Be nice to the kids, you can be strict, but make sure you’re not swearing up a storm.
*Make sure to answer all of your students questions, make sure you dedicate some time to asking questions.
*You need to vote, like our page on facebook, and register for our forums on our website.
[b]Apply for teacher:
Fill out this application, and post a reply:
Email: ( If personal, send a PM)
Why do you want to teach here:
What do you want to teach:
Why should we pick you over someone else:
How many years of experience on the subject you're teaching:
Have you ever taught something before like this:
How well do you work with others:
What are some expectations you want to give your students:
[img]i.imgur.com/IL0e3fT.png[/img]
[b]Example classroom: [/b]
[img]i.imgur.com/orlDJL7.png[/img]
[img]i.imgur.com/igTbABy.png[/img]
Building blocks will differ, and signs.
Ranks:
Student - Default permissions
Student+ - Default permissions, can help build in future projects, extra commands for fun, can come on when server is whitelisted, usually only for setting new things up and maintenance
Teacher - Commands to kick students from classroom, can mute, can build in teacher town
Planner - Plans school events, can build for events, can come on when server is whitelisted, usually only for setting new things up and maintenance
Office - has all commands, and manages attendance, hires teachers, and everything like that.
More ranks coming soon. Taking suggestions!
Example books:
[img]i.imgur.com/tZJ3w1i.png[/img]
[img]i.imgur.com/29j5655.png[/img]
[b]School Shop:[/b]
One feature we offer here is the school shop. Grab some snacks, or some spitballs! With the economy, the only ways you will be able to earn money is from being online, and voting. Every time you vote, you will receive $50. Every 30 minutes on the server, you will get $15. We are taking suggestions on what else to use this money for, and other ways to get the money.
Here's what the school shop might look like,
[img]i.imgur.com/DngTyC2.png[/img]

Original idea by: Snowyfox in this post: [url]pmc.la/zeSaH[/url]

Support us:
[img]i.imgur.com/T5a4yPW.jpg[/img]
[code][IMG]i.imgur.com/T5a4yPW.jpg[/IMG][/code]
[img]i.imgur.com/GxvZZxa.jpg[/img]
[code][IMG]i.imgur.com/GxvZZxa.jpg[/IMG][/code]
mop8899
Level 25 : Expert Scribe

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/23/2014 10:27 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
Might want to make a new thread and link this to it. Mod's gonna lock this for necroposting soon.
12/23/2014 10:29 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
janidorr
What she said.
12/23/2014 8:54 pm
mop8899
Anyone want to bring this back with me? I've got the server, and a build coming for a school!
03/22/2014 10:08 pm
Level 46 : Master Unicorn
KillerUnicorns
I actually own a youtube channel that teaches people about diffrent plugins and mods in mc and the series is called: school For Block Heads,
would love to work together, please message me back
03/22/2014 9:58 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist
ShadowAge2
Guy's it's just a server to play on, learn a crafting recipe? You don't need to be all literally about it. Interesting idea.
03/22/2014 6:43 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
diggingfordonuts
I wanna join as a student
03/22/2014 6:06 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
ZENUMIST94
What is the IP for this server?
03/22/2014 8:44 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
Austin_Craft_
diggingfordonutsI wanna become a student!

The IP is play.coffeecraft.com but it only has 10 slots, so not enough for a full class IMO :l and no-one really goes on it, either.
03/22/2014 5:54 am
Level 48 : Master Botanist
Sbia
lol just a question did you miss mine on purpose
03/17/2014 7:58 pm
mop8899
03/16/2014 10:36 am
mop8899
[quote="BLESS_YO_FACE"][b]Age:[/b] [i]I am 17 years old[/i]
[b]In game name:[/b] [i]BLESS_YO_FACE[/i]
[b]Email: ( If personal, send a PM)[/b] [i]Blessyoface98@gmail.com[/i]
[b]Why do you want to teach here:[/b] [i]I would like to teach here because it seems like a very good idea! I also love teaching people new skills, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I think I have a lot to teach in the field that I have chosen, and it can be very beneficial to those who take my class(Assuming I get this position)[/i]
[b]What do you want to teach[/b]:[i]I would love to teach the subject of "Proper Communications". So that people can know how to directly solve an argument efficiently and fairly. As well as teaching people manners and ways to carry out a successful and friendly conversation. The main idea of this class would be to ensure that there are less "rude" people on servers. [/i]
[b]Why should we pick you over someone else:[/b][i]To be honest I cannot find a valid reason on why you should pick me over someone else. The truth is, you probably CAN find someone who can teach as good as me, if not better. However I can tell you that I work hard, am active and try to be as friendly and engaging with the students as I can[/i]
[b]How many years of experience on the subject you're teaching:[/b][i]I have roughly 4 years of learning how to use communication skills[/i]
[b]Have you ever taught something before like this:[/b][i]I have never directly taught this before. However I was the "Leader" in my school's Drama Department, so I do have some leadership capabilities.[/i]
[b]How well do you work with others:[/b][i]I work very well with others! You will find that I will never fight with other people, student or teacher, and I can take a joke, as well as tell them. Basically, I love interacting with people.[/i]
[b]What are some expectations you want to give your students:[/b][i]Expectations would be medium;
Show up on time
Don't cause trouble
Complete any assignments
And just overall, learn something from the class.[/i]

Hopefully you will consider this application [/quote

Accepted
03/16/2014 3:54 am
Level 28 : Expert Lumberjack
BLESS_YO_FACE
In game name: BLESS_YO_FACE
Email: ( If personal, send a PM) Blessyoface98@gmail.com
Why do you want to teach here: I would like to teach here because it seems like a very good idea! I also love teaching people new skills, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I think I have a lot to teach in the field that I have chosen, and it can be very beneficial to those who take my class(Assuming I get this position)
What do you want to teach:I would love to teach the subject of "Proper Communications". So that people can know how to directly solve an argument efficiently and fairly. As well as teaching people manners and ways to carry out a successful and friendly conversation. The main idea of this class would be to ensure that there are less "rude" people on servers.
Why should we pick you over someone else:To be honest I cannot find a valid reason on why you should pick me over someone else. The truth is, you probably CAN find someone who can teach as good as me, if not better. However I can tell you that I work hard, am active and try to be as friendly and engaging with the students as I can
How many years of experience on the subject you're teaching:I have roughly 4 years of learning how to use communication skills
Have you ever taught something before like this:I have never directly taught this before. However I was the "Leader" in my school's Drama Department, so I do have some leadership capabilities.
How well do you work with others:I work very well with others! You will find that I will never fight with other people, student or teacher, and I can take a joke, as well as tell them. Basically, I love interacting with people.
What are some expectations you want to give your students:Expectations would be medium;
Show up on time
Don't cause trouble
Complete any assignments
And just overall, learn something from the class.

Hopefully you will consider this application
03/16/2014 3:01 am
Snowyfox
mop8899
SalaterOh ok,PM me ip,thank you.

Not the place too ask for that.

^ ^ ^
03/16/2014 12:46 am
mop8899
[/quote]Oh ok,PM me ip,thank you.[/quote]
Not the place too ask for that.
03/15/2014 1:05 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Salater
Snowyfox
SalaterCould cracked users join on this school?I wanna know more about this game D:

No, Mop's server will be premium for the sake of everybody. You can join my educational institute, which is cracked, but I'd highly recommend you buy an account and join Mop's instead.

karrthus1
SalaterCould cracked users join on this school?I wanna know more about this game D:

i have no part in the game but i dont think cracked usewrs should be allowed to

because they are stupid thieves

karrthus1
SalaterAww D:,but lets see what should boss say!

go buy the game https://minecraft.net/store

for more information why pirating is wrong please visit this blog

http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/cra ... aft--rage/

Yo, dude. I thought the fight was over, man. Loosen up.
Oh ok,PM me ip,thank you.
03/14/2014 6:16 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
oliver000123 hi
hi
03/14/2014 8:12 pm
mop8899
Real mature.
03/14/2014 6:14 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Tuckamon
In game name: Tuckamon
Email: ( If personal, send a PM) I will send email via PM
Why do you want to teach here: I want to teach here because I get on my server and people say, "Wow. You're such a good builder. You should teach a class."
What do you want to teach: Building in Minecraft
Why should we pick you over someone else: I have been building for years and feel that I know what I'm doing and can build for the server, if needed.
How many years of experience on the subject you're teaching: about 3-4 years
Have you ever taught something before like this: Yes
How well do you work with others: I work well. I can deal with most anything (I go to school with ignoramuses).
What are some expectations you want to give your students: I expect that I will convey the techniques that I offer in such a manner that they can take them onto other servers and use the techniques to their advantage.
03/18/2014 8:40 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Tuckamon
I sent in this application just in case the email didn't go through.
03/14/2014 5:07 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
03/14/2014 8:11 pm
mop8899
Thanks!
03/14/2014 9:10 am
Level 35 : Artisan Goblin
Gbubble

Email: (if personal, send a PM) Personal, i dont really want to tell.

In game name: Gbubble

Why do you want to teach here: ive had alot of experience in minecraft,dont think theres a crafting recipe i dont know

What do you want to teach: Crafting, Or surviving. I think ill be ok with anything.

Why should i pick you instead of someone else: Well ive played minecraft for probably 3 years now, I know alot about minecraft.

How many years of experience on the subject your teaching: Well, like i said i have played minecraft for 3 years so yes probably 3 years.

Have you ever taught something before like this: well i was a teacher on another server, i only got to do 1 class because it was not as official as this.

How well do you work with others: pretty well

What are some expectations you want to give your students: Respectful, work hard.

Would you want to make a textbook? maybe, depends on what class i would teach.
03/14/2014 5:09 pm
mop8899
Denied.
03/14/2014 9:02 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
@star_weaver
Well, it hasn't been a problem before, and like 35% of people in PMC are younger than 13 years old.
03/14/2014 8:52 am
Level 48 : Master Botanist
Sbia
Age: 16 (i love how this is the first thing people ask for)
In game name: midgimidgi (shut up, i was 13 ok)
Email: ( If personal, send a PM) ilesonce@gmail.com
Why do you want to teach here: feel like passing some information on, want to bump ideas off other people
What do you want to teach: pvp tactics and redstone weaponry (the latter especially)
Why should we pick you over someone else: unique skillset, unique subjects
How many years of experience on the subject you're teaching: pvp: 1, redstone weapons: 3
Have you ever taught something before like this: yes
How well do you work with others: depends on their personality and if they exasperate me or not
What are some expectations you want to give your students: won't be a 'shut up and learn' class, let people move about and ask questions to learn (off their own curiousity) need motivated people
03/14/2014 8:33 am
Level 20 : Expert Artist
TheLEGOTimeLord
R E P O S T
Above all: Need help w/ Building? Add me on Skype! SKYPE: legotimelord

In game name: TheLEGOTimeLord
Email: ( If personal, send a PM) legotimelord@gmail.com
Why do you want to teach here: It seems like a cool idea and I wanna be a part of it!
What do you want to teach: Strategy of playing and general advanced playing.
Why should we pick you over someone else: Because of dedicativity and I can bring a lot to the community!
How many years of experience on the subject you're teaching: Since I'm playing this sandbox game (quite a time). Plus, my mother is a teacher in high school so I Know how to deal with students. xD
Have you ever taught something before like this: No. Well, if outsmarting myself counts,....
How well do you work with others: Very well, but I can be very strict if kids aren't behaving.
What are some expectations you want to give your students: Be respectful, listen, and make it a good time at classroom!
03/14/2014 5:04 pm
mop8899
Don't repost, it's annoying. You're denied.
03/14/2014 8:04 am
WTFshady
In game name:WTFshady
Email: ( If personal, send a PM)I'll PM it
Why do you want to teach here: It is a new experience and I want to be part of it
What do you want to teach: Writing
Why should we pick you over someone else: I'm a good writer and I can guarantee that every student will get themselves better.
How many years of experience on the subject you're teaching:1 year
Have you ever taught something before like this:Well, there's never been something like this before, so no.
How well do you work with others:Really well.
What are some expectations you want to give your students: Well, I want my students to study hard. I don't want the students to come unprepared. I don't want my students to laugh, talk in my class etc. I will be a strict teacher, but very friendly to them, so they don't feel like inside a prison.
03/14/2014 5:07 pm
mop8899
Denied, sorry
03/14/2014 8:33 am
star_weaver
if im not mistaken dont u need to be 13 or older to legally have an acc according to the US online account rules?
03/14/2014 8:35 am
WTFshady
The laws change from place to place. Here we don't have a law for that.
03/14/2014 8:54 am
star_weaver
it says in the terms of service that since this site is in the usa u need to oblidge by the usa rules

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where "Planet Minecraft" is hosted, USA, or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us

http://www.planetminecraft.com/terms_of_use/

just saying

if im wrong about it feel free to tell me or report me for harrasing you
03/14/2014 5:30 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
HydranoidMC
Oh, damn. I double posted, didn't realise that.
03/14/2014 5:29 am
HydranoidMC
Minecraft server role applications

TEACHER - Minecraft School

In game name: minecraft923 (Bad username... No imagination put into it.)
Email: hydranoidmc@outlook.com
Why do you want to teach here: Well, I sort of like teaching people stuff, or just giving people lectures.
What do you want to teach: Anything. Assign me to something and I'll see what I can do.
I am good at command blocks and things like that. I saw someone else doing that, so, what else are you looking for?
Why should we pick you over someone else: I am somewhat mature and have good spelling. I never really use internet language, if you don't really like it.
How many years of experience on the subject you're teaching: I have experience on teaching things that don't really relate to Minecraft and also do. Like installing mods, building, things like that I can teach well.
Have you ever taught something before like this: Yes. I explain things to my friends somewhat easily (but of course, with actual organisation), even some things to my teacher.
How well do you work with others: I'm very sociable and will usually agree with other people (as long as it isn't bad)
What are some expectations you want to give your students: Actual work. By that I mean not googling everything etc.

Due to PMC being down, took a while.

-Sincerely, Ash.
03/14/2014 5:26 am
Level 47 : Master Princess
Whoever01
Apply for teacher:
Fill out this application, and post a reply:
In game name: Whoever01
Email: ( If personal, send a PM): flintproductions101@gmail.com, but I never use
Why do you want to teach here: Because I am currently at school, and want to be an IT teacher when I grow up
What do you want to teach: I will teach about Server Setup, Minecraft's History, Social Media (YouTube, PMC etc.) and Basic N00B skills
Why should we pick you over someone else: Because I have been playing Minecraft for 2 years and 1 month to date, and it is really the only game I play, therefore I have built extensive knowledge of the game
How many years of experience on the subject you're teaching: I have had basic knowledge from when I started playing and keen knowledge for all for 1.5 years
Have you ever taught something before like this: Actually, no, but I have done some teaching programs for primary school
How well do you work with others: I am fairly good at working with other staff and students
What are some expectations you want to give your students: One of my flaws is probably not being harsh enough, because student's don't really tick me off easy, and I just like being a nice guy, yelling only when I have to. I just expect students to have determination to learn what they want to learn, and do the best they can, no matter how high they achieve.
03/14/2014 7:56 am
mop8899
I think it would be nice to teach social media, I think we already have somebody for sever setup.
03/14/2014 5:32 pm
Level 47 : Master Princess
Whoever01
Ok then, social media it is!
03/14/2014 1:19 am
HydranoidMC
In game name: minecraft923 (Bad username... No imagination put into it.)
Email: hydranoidmc@outlook.com
Why do you want to teach here: Well, I sort of like teaching people stuff, or just giving people lectures.
What do you want to teach: Anything. Assign me to something and I'll see what I can do.
I am good at command blocks and things like that. I saw someone else doing that, so, what else are you looking for?
Why should we pick you over someone else: I am somewhat mature and have good spelling. I never really use internet language, if you don't really like it.
How many years of experience on the subject you're teaching: I have experience on teaching things that don't really relate to Minecraft and also do. Like installing mods, building, things like that I can teach well.
Have you ever taught something before like this: Yes. I explain things to my friends somewhat easily (but of course, with actual organisation), even some things to my teacher.
How well do you work with others: I'm very sociable and will usually agree with other people (as long as it isn't bad)
What are some expectations you want to give your students: Actual work. By that I mean not googling everything etc.

-Sincerely, Ash.
03/14/2014 7:55 am
mop8899
Sorry, I don't tell people what too teach. You ave to come up with the idea.
03/13/2014 10:12 pm
Austin_Craft_
In game name: Austin_Craft_
Why do you want to teach here: Mostly because I'm interested in helping others learn what I'm interested in, and what I'm good at doing.
What do you want to teach: Programming.
E-mail: apljee23@gmail.com
Why should we pick you over someone else: You should pick me over someone else because I actively look for new projects in coding, which gives me the upper hand - I will always find new things to teach students, and new things to teach myself.
How many years of experience on the subject you're teaching: 1 year, but I know much. I know 6 languages. (Programming languages, that is.)
Have you ever taught something before like this: Well, I've helped friends out but not actually taught in a system like this. I've also helped random strangers on the internet at late hours of the night with video games.
How well do you work with others: I work fantissimo with others.
What are some expectations you want to give your students: I want to give students the expectation that there is no limit - they need to know that there is no boundary, and that with programming there is endless options on what you can do - you just need to find the right way to do it.
Would you want to make a textbook: Well, I guess I could.
03/13/2014 10:16 pm
mop8899
You sound like a guy we want. What language would you teach? Also, textbooks aren't required. Just some people like them, some people don't.
03/14/2014 8:18 pm
Austin_Craft_
Sorry for such a late reply! I'd teach basic web projects to start, and probably move on to more advacned things, such as JavaScript, and possibly PHP for anyone who wants to do anything server-side.
03/14/2014 9:53 pm
mop8899
That would be awesome! We have a beta server up, if you want too join. play.coffecraft.com
03/13/2014 10:04 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
Azulywolf
My App
In game name: Azulywolf
Email: ( If personal, send a PM)
Why do you want to teach here:
What do you want to teach:
Why should we pick you over someone else:
How many years of experience on the subject you're teaching:
Have you ever taught something before like this:
How well do you work with others:
What are some expectations you want to give your students: They don't cheat and try the best they can in Minecraft School
03/13/2014 10:14 pm
mop8899
You're joking right? You forgot more than half the application.
03/13/2014 5:52 pm
Level 24 : Expert Network
FatMuzzy
In game name: FatMuzzy01
Email: ( If personal, send a PM): Muzzychannel@gmail.com
Why do you want to teach here: I feel that I know enough about Minecraft to teach students about making servers.
What do you want to teach: I would like to teach how to make a server.
Why should we pick you over someone else: I have prior experience on making a server and am very enthusiastic about this
How many years of experience on the subject you're teaching: I have been head-admin on a server for 3/4 of a year, and owner of a server for 2 months.
Have you ever taught something before like this: Yes, online in the MC forums.
How well do you work with others: I love to collaborate with others, especially doing hands-on projects.
What are some expectations you want to give your students:
03/13/2014 9:40 pm
mop8899
Denied, sorry.
03/14/2014 5:37 pm
Level 24 : Expert Network
FatMuzzy
Didn't even fill out the expectations bar, what a fail.
03/13/2014 5:35 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Cake
legotardis1212
i can email/or skype you some, i have no idea how to post them in the forums
03/13/2014 10:10 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
sarcastic_ninja
Use imgur and put the url between [ img][/img]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com