My first NOOB experience

Sireastbound's Avatar Sireastbound10/18/18 8:00 am
4 emeralds 206 3
10/19/2018 10:53 pm
StarSaffire's Avatar StarSaffire

I was walking through lands of grass, trying to find a good spot to build my house,
I was on an SMP server and decided to venture off from my friends for the first time because
I didn't need their help, I could do it all by myself.

I remember the area I was walking into, trees where scarce. The weather was good,
but then again the weather was not invented yet in Minecraft so it was always good. And then

I finally found an interesting place, There where to hills separated by a ravine
and I decided to build my new house on the other side of it.
Instead of just building a bridge to the other side, I climbed all the way down
and back up again and then

the sun started to go down. During this stage, Minecraft was way more dangerous than I remember it to be these days at night. So I hurried up and started to build a shelter, out of dirt.
So there it was my ugly dirt house in the middle of the night.

Since it was the middle of the night, I decided to start mining for coal but
after several in-game days, I did not find a single piece of coal.
The main problem I had with finding coal was that Minecraft at the time, was way darker
than it is these days. So I couldn't see a thing when venturing in my cave.

So after playing for 3 or 4 hours, I managed to build a house/hut half dirt and half cobblestone,
dig a mine that looked more like a natural cave than a mine because I was just going in random directions
and unable to find a single piece of coal. In the end, my friends had to come down and help me light up my cave
after it took them a lot of effort to spot my dirt cobble hut on top of a hill.

I think I also died a couple of times because in early Minecraft
creepers, where attracted to me like mosquitoes are during a summer day

And this is why I won't judge too quickly when I encounter a noob in game.

Sireastbound
Level 25 : Expert Architect