My Name Generator Program

Scolez's Avatar Scolez5/2/13 11:58 pm
1 emeralds 4.5k 10
8/7/2013 6:23 pm
xXTehKittehXx's Avatar xXTehKittehXx
Most of us use the same name for various websites/games. I personally hate names that are long or have special characters in them. They should be short and easy to remember. But the problem is it is very hard to find a good username. Seems like every username possible has been taken. Well, I have created a program with C# that generates pronounceable words intended to be usernames. You generate mass amounts of them, and then you can scroll through the long list and select some you like. Most of the names are pretty bad, but there is the occasional good one. The program can check to see if it is available here, Minecraft, and Steam. So I thought I would share it here, instead of it going unused. I would very much appreciate it if you tried it out and told me what you think of it.

Cheers,
-Scolez

Thanks to Conquer for teaching me C# in the first place
Thanks to Sambaru for helping me with the availability tester for Minecraft

Examples:http://pastebin.com/0txHWSbB

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mbnzhcp6bs5i9lg
Scolez
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

xXTehKittehXx
08/07/2013 6:23 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Hey! I'd really like to use this but I'm getting an error message like this;

I'm not real sure what I'm suppose to do about it so help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit
I figured it out!
Noxyoursox
05/03/2013 1:38 am
Level 34 : Artisan Spider Rider
^ Agree. Something to make it partly customizable would be good. Like the RinkWorks fantasy name generator, where you can customize the generator with your own syllables (but in this case you could combine them with the ones you have here).

Edit: putting a link here so you know what I'm talking about: http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/
LiquidChildren1
05/03/2013 1:15 am
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
Awesome. You should add compatibility for people who already have something in mind for their name, like, they like the sound of a name ending in -ity, or with a 'greg' somewhere in it.
Kokiboki123
05/03/2013 1:12 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Can you make one for mac?
Scolez
05/03/2013 9:20 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer
I'm afraid I cant. I would have to recode everything with a different language and even then it would be very different from this one. Maybe one day I will get around to make multi platform applications

LiquidChildren1Awesome. You should add compatibility for people who already have something in mind for their name, like, they like the sound of a name ending in -ity, or with a 'greg' somewhere in it.

I actually do plan to add some customization to it, but it will be difficult.
Neptonic
05/03/2013 12:59 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Sweet Christmas! No more people with underscores in their names!

(Too bad I like my username so much )
Amles123
05/03/2013 12:53 am
Level 23 : Expert Architect
Great, thanks!
liam55136
05/03/2013 12:38 am
Level 23 : Expert Robot
Very useful.
I will be using this quite often!
mrjrbacon
05/03/2013 12:25 am