I need your help..

InvisibleFlame's Avatar InvisibleFlame1/24/14 2:15 am
1 emeralds 309 4
1/24/2014 7:08 am
planetminecrafter52342's Avatar planetminecrafter52342
There's this thing that makes me not want to play on servers.

Among several issues.....it's the regular "resetting" of server maps.

My question is this: Are server "resets" a part of all server life with no exception?

I feel like it is almost a waste of my time to participate on a server knowing that whatever I try to build will be wiped clean. It makes me not want to participate on a server and not want to donate to server.

I'd like to be a part of a MC world that is always developing.

Are there servers like this? Or do all servers have to reset due to getting cluttered by builds?

There are a couple other factors that are a must. It must be a "mature" community who love to just play the game. Not a lot of complainers about being bored and never being satisfied...always asking for a reset and needing new bells and whistles to be entertained. That is irritating!

I also am looking for a survival server.

Anyone can help me find my kind of server? If I can find a good server that will just let the map be. I just might be motivated to create "geocashes" on that server or "minecashes".
InvisibleFlame
Level 35 : Artisan Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/24/2014 7:08 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
As far as Modded servers, it is necessary, because the map gets so much machinery, etc, that the server can't handle it as well anymore, slowing the server down.

Vanilla servers, they are not really in need one it, unless they want to reset for new map features.
01/24/2014 6:31 am
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
Server resets for the sake of resetting are ridiculous. Resetting because of grief is ridiculous. Resetting because of a few corrupted chunks is ridiculous.

The only valid reason for server restarts are; switching to a new host (ONLY if the files are too large and too many to move over), heavily corrupted world files (This should NEVER EVER happen, if the server is run properly, with very few exceptions), or new biomes (In which case, players should have the option of having their builds saved as schematics and moved over, at least the ones that are huge and/or in creative worlds).

When I announced that the worlds on my server were going to be reset for 1.7, I had so many people freaking out because they've played on servers that reset just to make it so that new players aren't super poor.. People who do this put a bad taste in people's mouths and make them hate server owners who have legitimate reasons to reset the worlds..

If you want a good server, with an owner that knows how to run things, look for servers that are more than six months old. It takes a lot of hard work, time, and tons of dedication to run a successful server, unless you're a huge group like the Hive or Shot bow networks.
01/24/2014 2:36 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc794251
[deleted]
01/24/2014 2:35 am
Level 33 : Artisan Archer
hartmde
Well it isnt a survival server, but my faction server doesn't do map resets. as for the other factors like maturity... while some of the player are in high school or younger, Bows 'n Diamonds features a mature community. No matter what i say, your opinion is what really matters. Come check us out sometime...

bnd.mcpro.co
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome