1

Possible exploit?

PulseOpPrison •5/3/15 8:17 am
•
427
•
5/3/2015 5:49 pm
I don't know if this is a known thing, but just a minute ago someone came on my server and asked for a book and quill. He then said he setup a website for me and told me to click the link in his book, this wasn't an actual link and it oped him... I banned him already but I wonder how they do this? Can someone explain??
Posted by
PulseOpPrison
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
2

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

10

Torm
• 05/03/2015 5:49 pm
• Level 35 : Artisan Scribe
Answer found by OP. Locked.
1
ZachDevv
• 05/03/2015 1:57 pm
• Level 19 : Journeyman Mage
Hmm. Spigot exploit with commands and stuff. Should be patched if someone will report it,
1
Eth_
• 05/03/2015 1:48 pm
• Level 15 : Journeyman Princess
ouch sorry, I could help you repair if you need
1
PulseOpPrison
• 05/03/2015 1:43 pm
• Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
I found how they did it, search WIZARDHAX book commands.. :L
1
TheWaySir
• 05/03/2015 8:25 am
• Level 16 : Journeyman Pony
Thats a book hack, I recently viewed it.
1
mcrocks999
• 05/03/2015 8:35 am
• Level 20 : Expert Cake
Googling it constantly. Not much details found.
1
AkirAssasin
• 05/03/2015 8:23 am
• Level 34 : Artisan Ninja
I have no idea on how to do this, but if you have access to /give you can 'write' a book that /execute the clicker to run commands. I guess he made you run a /op command, but I don't know how he can write it without /give.

Probably hacks. He modified the NBT tag of the book
1
PulseOpPrison
• 05/03/2015 8:23 am
• Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
He used a hacked client to nuker like 50 blocks of my spawn, not a big deal to be honest just wanted to know how he did it c:
1
Auradyme
• 05/03/2015 8:21 am
• Level 29 : Expert Birb
Huh, interesting. (I don't know an answer, I just found this interesting/amusing)
1
anonpmc856825
• 05/03/2015 8:20 am
• Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
[deleted]
1

Welcome