1

Recording Programs

Captain Juicy •7/9/13 1:40 pm
•
327
•
7/9/2013 3:48 pm
Hi! I would just like to know which recording software is best for recording games. I know fraps records at very high quality, but it is a massive file size. Please write below what you think is best and why!
-Captain
Posted by
Captain Juicy
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
3

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

12

ChaosCrewful
• 07/09/2013 3:48 pm
• Level 5 : Apprentice Warrior
If you have the cash. A avermedia live gamer portable would be the best choice. It comes in at $150 but you wont lose any lag becuase they capture card is using itself and not the computer to record videos and the videos are in HD and i think the file sizes are not too big. If you dont got the money i would suggest maybe bandicam. You can compress video sizes if they are too big with AVS Video Converter and converting them to a WMV File.
1
Captain Juicy
• 07/09/2013 3:37 pm
• Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Defendoncraft, thank you very much! That was what I wanted to hear, If that is true
How can you compress your file sizes?
1
Defendoncraft
• 07/09/2013 3:28 pm
• Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Fraps for recording ( Any recorder which has small files uses extra cpu because it renders in the mean time so that the files arent that big ), with fraps your fps loss will be very small, if u use something like camtasia studio u will most likely get less fps. I advise Fraps for recording and Camtasia for editing
1
Captain Juicy
• 07/09/2013 3:46 pm
• Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
So I just tried out fraps, I love it. I can record lag free! Plus, it's full HD. So it looks like your playing the game when watching the video. Thank you all for your inputs on my forum post
1
OVERKILLERMAPMAKER
• 07/09/2013 3:27 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Dragon
try Screen-O-Matic, you can do full screen in it
1
Ross5120
• 07/09/2013 3:26 pm
• Level 9 : Apprentice Archer
Im curious if the elgato can be used to record PC gameplay
1
sed11
• 07/09/2013 3:20 pm
• Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
Bandicam allows you to record games on full-screen, or record the whole screen by selecting an area somehow with something in the program, and it doesn't have to be a game. (Forgot what it was, but I'm sure you'll figure it out)
1
Captain Juicy
• 07/09/2013 3:10 pm
• Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Interesting.
1
FrozenTeam101
• 07/09/2013 1:43 pm
• Level 33 : Artisan Princess
Camtasia since you can record flash games/normal games and has an editing program so you don't have to buy sony vegas or a program like that.
1
icyzesk
• 07/09/2013 3:25 pm
• Level 19 : Journeyman System
Although Camtaisa has a free trial and it costs a ton to buy.
1
Captain Juicy
• 07/09/2013 3:11 pm
• Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
When I tried using camtasia, I couldnt get minecraft to record fullscreen. It was just black
1
Nevin
• 07/09/2013 1:42 pm
• Level 11 : Journeyman Pokémon
Bandicam
1

Welcome