Report Oppressive Servers

Jen30CA's Avatar Jen30CA8/16/18 11:13 am history
8/16/2018 12:25 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
A week ago, I was looking at some small servers to join. I came across one which was named "Red vs Blue 2". Apparently, it was a Sky Wars with girl team vs boy team. I went on there, and no one was there, it was empty.

But what shocked me, is the spawn. Here is a screenshot.

It's a disgusting reinforcement of gender stereotypes.

(1) Sure... girls are pink, and boys are blue. Are we in the 1950s?
(2) And of course, girls are princesses that like castles.... NOT.
(3) I counted the colors of the road, where they meet and are supposed to be half blue, half red... but NO. It's 35 blue blocks, and 25 red blocks. That's MORE blue blocks. It's just plain and obvious they are biased.

Anyway, I found out which company hosts that server, and I reported it for discrimination. I asked my friends to write the same, and they took it down today. So it's possible to report these kind of servers. Do it. I want to say that you can, and that everyone should. We need to remove these kind of toxic servers from the server list.

Jen30CA
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/16/2018 12:25 pmhistory
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I think you might be reading WAY too far into this. This type of server seems like the type of thing a child would make because they think girls/boys have cooties. Not everything is a statement about segregation/opression/hate.

Also, servers are allowed to discriminate against whoever they want (as long as they're not posting on our site. If they want to advertise here then they should be inclusive to all groups.). That's the great thing about how many servers we have to choose from as players. If you find one you don't like, you can leave and find another.

Edit: I was gonna watch this thread but after reading the comments, I think I'll just lock it instead. You might find you have a better time in life if you stopped looking for malice in everything.
08/16/2018 11:42 amhistory
Level 82 : Elite Pixel Painter
Duvain Feynorim
OK first, calm down, it's just a server meant for fun. Not everything is meant to be a political statement. Besides if no one is on it then what's it matter anyway. However, I do think that the color schemes are a bit stereotypical, but who really cares.
08/16/2018 11:48 amhistory
Jen30CA
It's not just a game, it's the reflection of a 1950s mentality that should not be seen ANYWHERE in the 21st century. And especially not on a game where easily influenced children play.
08/16/2018 11:50 am
Duvain Feynorim
Maybe it's only seen because you are constantly looking for it. I am pretty sure this isn't a wide spread epidemic on servers. And maybe the server creators were not aware that they made it stereotypical, why not talk with them first, instead of making a big scene.
08/16/2018 12:03 pmhistory
Jen30CA
I'll let the staff of Infinity Heroes & Rise of Morgoth know what kind of a person you are and what you support.
08/16/2018 11:24 amhistory
FlawedDesign
Honestly, even though my opinion wasn't asked. I believe that although we aren't in the 1950's. This isn't a gender stereotype. I see nothing denoting that girls are less powerful than boys. I see a server trying out something more than the norm. Making boys versus girls, because as humans. We are competitive. And I don't think the builders Intentionally build more blue blocks than pink. Maybe they were just trying out a different design and since it was a new server didn't think it would be subjected to this amount of hate. I'm not trying to fully disagree with your statement. Just justify why they would maybe do some of the things you mentioned above. However this is only my opinion
08/16/2018 11:27 amhistory
Jen30CA
If its not making girls less worth, why are there more blue blocks in the area where its supposed to be equal, where the roads meet? Obviously you are biased as a male if you can't see this.

And why assume that all girls like pink?
08/16/2018 11:37 am
FlawedDesign
Excuse me, but I was only saying my opinion. I am not biased towards anyone. Perchance, the builders of that 'extremely gender stereotypical map' thought that particular design looked cool.. Also I don't think that I mentioned anywhere in my previous statement that all girls like pink. But you are right about one thing, I am a male. However, I have many friends that are girls that don't like pink, so I would never consider saying that at all. Also you seem to have forgotten that this is the internet. People have opinions. People have minds of their own. None of us can be one another, so maybe they did intent to spread another image, which was to just have a boy versus girl map with intricate design.
08/16/2018 11:41 am
Jen30CA
Seems like all males are oppressive inherently. You just have to bring it out in them.
08/16/2018 11:44 am
FlawedDesign
Think whatever you may. I am not inherently oppressive. I am just pointing out that perhaps that wanted to deliver something else other than a 'stereotypical map'. But thanks for replying and I will see you around PMC :)
08/16/2018 12:25 pm
Duvain Feynorim
OK, first of all, Infinity heroes is dead (sadly). Also, you may tell them whatever you want, they know me and that I am a good player who obeys their rules. Your threats would change nothing.

I am done with this conversation now, but if you want me to end on a"political" note here, then I'll say this:
You are not helping anything by behaving this way, you are creating the problem where none exists.

Bye now, and please other readers just let this thread die, I don't honestly think there's much reason to speak more on this matter.
08/16/2018 12:18 pm
Level 46 : Master Cake
reflections
really?

you're going to count the blocks in a road, find out there are more of one color than the other, and call it sexism? that's pathetic. sexism is when members of one sex believe that members of the other sex are less intelligent, able, skillful etc. (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/sexism)
remember how many years ago, women were not allowed to vote? that was sexism. this is not. this is you being foolish and trying to make yourself look like the victim. you don't have to play on this server if you don't want to. they are using a simple method to create two teams. i'd really like to know how this server made you feel as if you are lesser than the opposite sex.
08/16/2018 12:20 pmhistory
Jen30CA
Obviously you have a male bias, so it would be pointless talking to you. Calling me foolish for having an opinion, is that not sexism coming from you now? Dig deep enough, and all males are sexist in some way, it seems.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome