Should I apply?

jadedwolf424's Avatar jadedwolf42410/29/13 3:23 pm
10/30/2013 7:13 pm
jadedwolf424's Avatar jadedwolf424
So... there is this server I REALLY like, and I haven't done anything wrong on it (So far o.O) and I'm really friendly/familiar/helpful with the staff and with the members, and I try to get on for at least 30 min a day, every day.
I was actually thinking about donating, but then I decided not to (the pack I want costs like $50 and the other pack ,$15, doesn't give enough perks for me). I'm also considering applying for staff. I've been on the server for about a month or 2 since it restarted but before that, I left for about 6 months. My worry is that if I apply, and they deny my app, then I can't apply again because they'll be like "ugh she is just spamming us with apps" *deny* but then again if I got accepted I would be SO happy So what are your thoughts? The criteria to apply (If you want to help me apply is

Click to reveal
what rank you applying for, What experience do you have with servers or minecraft in general or plugins or such,and what are your reasons to become staff

thanks a LOT guys, I really am on the fence about this.
jadedwolf424
Level 21 : Expert Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/30/2013 6:14 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
DingusBungus
As an owner of multiple SMP and Classic servers in the past, I say the most important thing (not even in the app itself) is maturity. If you act mature on the server and are nice to new guests, the staff tend to like you. I always looked for the most mature people, especially on SMP servers because of the major potential for abuse. If you think you are mature then go ahead and apply. If you think the server staff/owner do not see you as a mature individual then it doesn't matter how awesome/mature/long/detailed your application is, it will just be denied.
That being said, I also agree with what Caux said. You should be able to deduce on your own whether you are well-liked and responsible enough to be staff on the server. If you think people like you, apply!
10/30/2013 7:13 pm
jadedwolf424
I have a tendency to act like staff, even though I'm not even a donator on servers XD
10/30/2013 6:14 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Scribe
-abs-106-
Yes, as Jetra pointed out a lot of responsibility comes with being part of the staff. But its always worth it in the end if your truly interested in becoming part of the staff. Alot of time needs to be put into making the server a better place, and welcoming to other users. From experience though if you do get the position youll have a blast, but Ive also had just as much fun on servers that I wasnt part of the staff. So make sure this is something you truly want.
10/30/2013 6:06 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
You should probably wait a bit until you can dedicate more time to the server, but if you really want to become a moderator, you should still apply. Just remember it's not all fun and games, you'll end up having to make some tough decisions such as muting or even banning your friends.
10/30/2013 5:01 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Architect
DustyDesigns
Yeah, yes apply. Be sure your apply is good so they don't want to deny. Don't be short, go in depth on every question! Adding random information is not bad. make it good and easy to read. Boring information is boring. Keep it away. Don't list up your server admin experience (it doesn't matter much anyway In my opinion).

I've seen hundreds of them and the ones I denied almost right away were the ones who just kept listing up their 'experience'. It's almost not check able anyway..

Watch language, be nice, act normal, and it'll be okay
10/30/2013 5:14 pm
jadedwolf424
Thanks. After that I feel really proud of my self and pumped. But I must ask the question to myself, if someone like me applied for staff on MY server, would I accept?
Probably, yes. I would put them as trial-mod.
10/30/2013 5:18 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Architect
DustyDesigns
Yes. Apply for sure then!

Good luck
10/30/2013 4:49 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Electrician
RustyTurkeyBrain
jadedwolf424
Of course! I talked to a staff member privately and they said that I had done everything right, and I had stayed on long enough, but there may not be enough slots.

I'm not talking about obeying rules and being active... I'm talking about being helpful staff!! If you don't get me this time I give-up and I say no, don't apply.
10/30/2013 4:34 pm
jadedwolf424
RustyTurkeyBrain
jadedwolf424
RustyTurkeyBrain
The part about "$15 donation package didn't have enough perks" really sounds like you just want power, which is not a staff motive.

No, I want to be part of the staff team, but I would not give $15 for what they offered.

Do you think they need you as staff and that you would actually help them then?

Of course! I talked to a staff member privately and they said that I had done everything right, and I had stayed on long enough, but there may not be enough slots.
10/30/2013 4:33 pm
RustyTurkeyBrain
jadedwolf424
RustyTurkeyBrain
The part about "$15 donation package didn't have enough perks" really sounds like you just want power, which is not a staff motive.

No, I want to be part of the staff team, but I would not give $15 for what they offered.

Do you think they need you as staff and that you would actually help them then?
10/30/2013 4:31 pm
jadedwolf424
RustyTurkeyBrain

10/30/2013 4:29 pm
RustyTurkeyBrain
jadedwolf424So... there is this server I REALLY like, and I haven't done anything wrong on it (So far o.O) and I'm really friendly/familiar/helpful with the staff and with the members, and I try to get on for at least 30 min a day, every day.
I was actually thinking about donating, but then I decided not to (the pack I want costs like $50 and the other pack ,$15, doesn't give enough perks for me). I'm also considering applying for staff. I've been on the server for about a month or 2 since it restarted but before that, I left for about 6 months. My worry is that if I apply, and they deny my app, then I can't apply again because they'll be like "ugh she is just spamming us with apps" *deny* but then again if I got accepted I would be SO happy So what are your thoughts? The criteria to apply (If you want to help me apply is

Click to reveal
what rank you applying for, What experience do you have with servers or minecraft in general or plugins or such,and what are your reasons to become staff

thanks a LOT guys, I really am on the fence about this.

Do you have enough experience and skills to be useful staff or do you just feel like you deserve stuff for being on the server a lot. The part about "$15 donation package didn't have enough perks" really sounds like you just want power, which is not a staff motive.
10/30/2013 4:22 pm
-abs-106-
I think you should apply. You never know until you try. The only thing I might wait for is if a staff position opens up. But as long as you wait I cant see them having a problem with applying more than once. I wish you the best
10/30/2013 4:33 pm
jadedwolf424
Thanks! Just FYI, I'm not applying yet, but I think I'll have to do it soon because someone else may take my spot :O
10/30/2013 4:54 pm
-abs-106-
Yeah, you dont want that to happen
10/30/2013 4:17 pm
jadedwolf424
Bump
10/29/2013 4:29 pm
jadedwolf424
Well, I asked one of the staff members I feel I'm closest too, and he said staff on the server is kind of full. But, their policy is that an application is like a flag to keep someone under radar or a month or so. So, I'm hoping that if they are full, they accept but postpone my request. He also said he though I would otherswise get accepted
10/29/2013 3:37 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Caux
Well, my answer is pretty simple, but since you are looking for a response for this matter, I'll aport it.

I think you should be able to deduct by yourself if the staff, and generally the people on the server like you. Also, it takes time and effort to come up with a great application, and I really recommend you put a huge attention into that, since a consistent, elegant and mature application could make the difference on you getting the spot or not.

And if still by doing that you don't get accepted, just try to talk more to the people on the server (not staff only, simply everybody), be friendly helpful and mature, and don't get desperate to apply again, just do it once you think all the things I've told you above were done correctly.

Caux.
10/29/2013 3:33 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Network
Redified
I think it would be a great idea to apply for staff. Remember you might not get it the first time, but keep trying. But I would ask if it is allowed to re-apply. Usually it is but there is usually a waiting period between apps. I really like a server, so I donated $30. I applied for MOD but didn't get it. But I am going to try again later because there is a two week waiting period between apps.Hopefully I get it. Btw it is recommended to donate before you apply for staff, it shows the staff that you appreciate the server so much you would help it. Some people are mean and they get staff on a server and they ruin it. There was a server that got taken over by admins and whenever someone said anything about the original owner they were permanently banned instantly. The owner eventually got the server back with help but the server was already ruined.
Anyway I am just talking non-stop, lol sorry but the point is prove you love the server, that you aren't just looking for power.
Hope I could help
10/30/2013 4:17 pm
jadedwolf424
Thanks
10/29/2013 3:29 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
I'd ask them if they have any policy on how many times one can apply. Say you really enjoy the server and are a bit anxious about applying, most likely they'll respond by being grateful for your enthusiasm and happily accepting your app.
10/29/2013 3:28 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Dragonborn
kreeperkiller
you never know unless you try ^_^
I'd say apply, and then if your denied, try to ask politely how to improve your chances
then when you think youve done what they asked, apply again and see what they say
But from what youve said, I doubt theyd deny it
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome