Survival Mode Boring?

jonathanb987's Avatar jonathanb9875/28/13 5:39 pm
5/29/2013 8:32 pm
-Kali-'s Avatar -Kali-
I have been playing Minecraft for almost a year. I played survival a lot and it had a certain feel to it. I had fun when playing it and always liked it. I never ran out of things to do, but now things have changed. I start a survival world just to find myself deleting it days later. It begins to become boring and I am lost on what to do. The feel it had before is gone. I am not sure what to do.
jonathanb987
Level 25 : Expert Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

-Kali-
05/29/2013 8:32 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Move on to FTB and Tekkit
Bodrew
05/29/2013 8:27 pm
Level 21 : Expert Mage
I don't think public servers are that fun. I prefer small, private servers with a few friends. That way, most all the time you have something to do. With at least 3 people, I'm sure you can come up with some fun things to do. Plus, with the new features in 1.5, automation is coming into play.
Elite_Bacca
05/29/2013 7:29 pm
Level 24 : Expert Explorer
Add some mods to change aspects of the game.
TCK
05/29/2013 6:57 pm
Level 30 : Artisan uwu
You could try such mods as the "Camping Mod" or the "Better Survival Mod Pack". They add cool new aspects to survival which make the experience a lot better.Search for them on Google/whatever.
brandongood
05/29/2013 6:55 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Set a long term goal for the map... I had the same problem, so I started a new map that I am building a city along the shores of a lake that I made. Usually I just go underground and mine for a long time and get more than I need at the time, but I found it more fun to only mine when you need resources and only get what you will need. Hope this will make your playing experience more fun!
victinistar
05/29/2013 6:55 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer
I think finding a suitable server with what you want that they focus on, servers with hubs usually end up deleting the things you like other than a survival map. I usually go on us.oc.tc for creative building and redstone usage, along with its PvP maps(Which could be something to un-bore yourself with), along with many survival servers that I help people on with certain things they're stuck on (Because I love to help ) or my SECOND of hub servers PVP.SC for factions or Skyblock (<- pretty hard).
TheEvilKittyWizard
05/29/2013 6:53 pm
Level 43 : Master Nether Knight
I've been playing MC for four years now, and I encountered the same problem awhile ago. What I did was:
1. Play creative multiplayer/singleplayer
2. Play pvp/factions
3. Get good at pvp through 2 and own at the SG on multiplayer
4. Get the Technic Pack aka Tekkit

If you're looking for other work, tho, I'm starting my own server soon and I could use some mature and experienced people like you to help run it!

Hope this helps!
-Kitty
mrcakeman
05/29/2013 6:45 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragon
Find 1-4 friends who play minecraft, get together with them and find a factions/towny server.I do this alot with my friend , we normally start with a tree farm. We then make a wall around our base.This get's "boring" sometimes but when finished we feel accomplished. Also with faction servers(alot of people hate them) if you create a faction and manage to get 4+ people in it and not get griefed your set for a LONG time. Basicly , it's like leading a group of people. You don't even have to fight other factions if you want.
jonathanb987
05/29/2013 6:40 pm
Bump
_DioM_
05/28/2013 6:28 pm
Level 29 : Expert Scribe
Creative mode. I as well find survival tiresome, when all I want to do is build.
Vorcanus
05/28/2013 5:50 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Architect
i can never get bored of survival its allways a challange
and i run a server useing only survival

<admins in creative to get server started >
JamieGre
05/28/2013 5:48 pm
Level 43 : Master Dolphin
Play on a server...
jonathanb987
05/28/2013 5:49 pm
I play on servers that are mostly creative and minigames. I want to play survival, but encounter the same problem even on servers.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome