The solution to one of the community's oldest debates (Minecraft: The Distinct)

Fabioo's Avatar Fabioo8/18/22 3:27 pm history
3 emeralds 196 1
8/19/2022 12:49 pm
Spy Jay's Avatar Spy Jay
Did it ever occur to you that over the years, Minecraft servers have    become 'stereotypical'?  

- Stereotypical as in all too predictable. They're being made by the dozen with all the same
- genre, plugins, builds, and so on. If you name it, then more than one server's probably got it.

-
- Moreover, this leads to all the better & more creative servers being left in the dust & tumbleweeds. But then,
- what makes a server a good place to play among thousands of others? What makes the perfect Minecraft
- server experience?

I guess
you could argue that this isn't exactly a 'big problem' because Minecraft will go on regardless, but it is a genuine concern within the community.
RohbieMattz made an interesting case, and Delseyria expanded on it pretty well.

In the latter's post, they also posted a poll, and the results contended that the thing that makes the perfect
Minecraft server is the .⭑✦ community⭑★⋆, followed by the all-around quality of it (such as buildings & the execution of plugins).

Well, I would like to present the remedy to this concern, as I introduce to you - Minecraft: The Distinct.

------------------------------------------

The Distinct is a community with the focus of supporting non-stereotypical Minecraft servers.

Do you own, play, or seek a server that actually delivers a highly unique, one in a million experience for it's players that don't easily fall under the category of servers that we've all played a thousand times over?

In any instance, The Distinct is just what you're looking for. It's the place to both promote & find underrated servers!

With a community that already has over 2000 discord members, they offer a likeminded environment of Minecraft players, and a YouTube channel with over 1.2k subscribers for promoting these small servers!

There's even a section of the server dedicated to reminiscing about fond server memories, sharing great ideas for projects, posting server trailers, and plugging your staff resume for the owners that are looking for such!

Alright folks, I know that this went from a humble approach to an "ad" of sorts, but as someone from the "small humble community" side of Minecraft, I genuinely want what's best for small servers. I want their players to be able to have a growth in neighbors, and for the owners who have invested endless hours in developing them to see their work get appreciated!

So with that being said, it would mean a lot if you could give the announcement trailer a watch & pop in the server!

- What are you guys' thoughts on Minecraft servers becoming stereotypical?
Fabioo
Level 52 : Grandmaster Button Pusher