What is the easiest way to get reliable staff?

vrmushroom's Avatar vrmushroom4/22/21 1:54 am history
2 emeralds 101 3
4/22/2021 5:46 pm
ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser
I'm currently in the process of starting a Minecraft server and finding staff for the discord, but I have tried putting posts on forums or on my server listings but the large majority of people responding are either trolls or will not accept anything other than absolute power. What are some reliable ways/places to find staff?
vrmushroom
Level 2 : Apprentice Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ShelLuser
04/22/2021 5:46 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
#1 Attract interested players.
#2 Determine if said players are really into it and really understand what you tried to accomplish.
#3 Promote said players.
HoboMaggot
04/22/2021 7:29 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
In addition to McMeddon's post, there's also the places you post your staff advert.
in places like PMC, children/young teens are dominant (you can see this with a lot of childish-like posts/submissions), kids in general dont know much about responsibility, hence their begging for absolute power
Places like Discord have their majority as teens, and edgy teens usually troll a lot.

If you want some clarity, big servers like Hypixel also has this issue due to their popularity, but they still choose relatively good staff. The main difference between you and them is that they have a larger pool of people.
Dont also forget that Minecraft's main demographic is for children (as seen with BE's marketplace and news)
McMeddon
04/22/2021 3:32 am
Level 84 : Elite Wizard
easy way: have friends that want to do the stuff

but the truth is, theres no easy way.
- you need to build something real impressive upfront by yourself
- then share the project with the world
- and then maybe, some people might show interest and reach out to you
- and only then maybe if some are real passionate about what you do, then you have found somebody worth hiring, because you want somebody that "cares" about the project and not the "can i get op pls -kid"
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome