What is your dream server?

thatsnotskills's Avatar thatsnotskills8/13/14 2:56 pm
1 emeralds 2.4k 86
8/24/2014 10:07 pm
ender_creeper360's Avatar ender_creeper360
Hey PMC community today I have one big question for everyone,

What is your Dream Server?

Make sure to explain in detail if you feel the need to!

(Me and about 9 other people are looking for ideas for a big server or a big network of servers. We need ideas, and I am sure the PMC community has them!)
thatsnotskills
Level 13 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/24/2014 10:07 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ender_creeper360
08/24/2014 9:28 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Pokemon
LooseViper
A small Modern city where you walk around get a life a job with the MCA Mod of course
08/24/2014 12:58 pm
thatsnotskills
Bump cause I love seeing your replies!
08/24/2014 1:09 pm
Level 26 : Expert Unicorn
Leeanne
Did you see mine? After mine no one else's could ever get better. Trust me.

CATS.
08/24/2014 8:44 pm
thatsnotskills
CatsISlife
08/23/2014 11:26 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Warrior
Ratzilla1
a server locked in zombie Apocalypse with a plugin that gets rid of other mobs and makes only zombies that are fast slow or strong or weak and they don't burn in daylight and there are random cities that you can go to that are overrun with zombies but you can find good stuff in.

if you make this make sure to spam my inbox with PM's about it with the ip
08/23/2014 7:54 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Crumb
Well I guess that could be the back story behind it. Maybe there's a person that wakes up. That person is you and you walk out of a building that is half crumbled to the ground. The city looks post-apocalyptic and the team would work off from there...

Just remember:
08/23/2014 7:50 pm
Crumb
Well I don't think they could recreate that to the precise detail but lets keep the ideas flowing!
08/23/2014 7:47 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
orangehater
This Would Be My Dream Server.

Your In A Modern Looking City With Everything Is Calm and Peaceful. Your Just A Guard Patrolling The Cities Walls Keeping The Peace Throughout The City
Then You See a Large Shadow Moving Across The Horizon and your like
"What Is That" You Look Closer Through A Sniper Rifle and See a Undead Army Coming From All Sides Towards Your Huge City and Some of The Mobs You Never Even Seen Before and you Yell To The Other Players "Everyone!!! Go To Your Houses and Take Cover There Is Something Coming!!!" So Everyone Screaming Running To Their Houses Gearing Up, Ready For A Fight and Ready To Defend Their Perfect City against The Undead Horde You Open The Armory and Let Everyone In To Take Some Gear and Now You're Ready You See Mobs You've Never Seen Before Scared But Determined To Win Back Your City. Then They Come.

Now Wouldn't That Be Awesome???!!!! If All Of A Sudden Your Peaceful Server Got Turned Into An Apocalypse Nightmare!
If This Server Was To Happen It Would Need:
- Custom Mobs
- Custom Weapons
Thats My Idea For An Awesome Server Hope You Like It!
08/24/2014 9:17 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Cake
Druxe
By The Way It Makes You Look Stupid When You Type Like This Stop Now Or I Will Rage And Hate You Like An Orange
08/23/2014 11:30 pm
thatsnotskills
That could be done and that is a great Idea! I'll think about it!
08/23/2014 7:45 pm
Crumb
I would love a strong community that commits to everybody and isn't a shameful community who only cares about just griefing and ruining people's work. They should be able to create territories with a custom plugin. The commands would have something like /challenge [Player]. That command would make it so the player they challenged will be able to do /challenge accept or deny. That choice would leave them where they were or warped to a PvP Arena and every week or month there would be a community battle. I think territories would also be a good idea because it would let you do /territory create [NAME] and /territory track [HOME_TERRITORY]. That would make the people in the territory be able to find where their territory was.I know there's Factions and Towny but I think something very original would be amazing. If you want to take this a little farther into development, add me on Skype: Crumbe Games. Cya later! Thanks for the post.
08/23/2014 11:42 pm
thatsnotskills
Sounds Like something I am definitely going to attempt!
08/23/2014 7:38 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
A small server with a great community: With a small server (a few players on at any given time, and 20 or so regulars), you get to know everyone, and it develops a fun community. Trust and friendship is a great thing to have on a server.

A strict white-list: There's just too many trolls, griefers, and rude people out there filling up servers these days. With a good whitelist, you'll get hardly any of those people.

Vanilla: There's something about vanilla Minecraft that you just can't get with bukkit. Sure, there's no protection or rollback plug-ins, but if the server has the good community and whitelist I mentioned, that shouldn't be an issue. Another thing I like about Vanilla, personally, is that there is no /tpa, /spawn, /warp, etc. It ruins the feel of exploring and traveling when you can teleport 2000 blocks with a command.

Snapshots!: I love playing on the (stable) snapshots. With vanilla, that's fully possible. It's always great to build with the new blocks, and play with the new features before the official release rolls around. It's even better with friends!

Come to think of it, this sounds a lot like Mindcrack... Might be why so many people watch it - because it makes for a great, fun server!
08/23/2014 7:30 pm
Level 24 : Expert Ninja
PengoPenguinRocks
Friendly community
Grief Protection
Dedicated staff
and so many gosh dang mods(not plugins) that You'll either poop your self or your computer will explode... or both
08/23/2014 7:27 pm
Level 26 : Expert Network
0Pengu
Probably a server with good community and friendly players. That's basically what makes a community (the players).
08/23/2014 7:26 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
DMCtheIrishman
TBH I want to find a server with MCMMO, /tpa and /back. Also griefing disabled. If anyone knows a server like this please tell me. Also friendly people in the server.
08/23/2014 7:10 pm
thatsnotskills
Chikerenaham
Chronalga
ChikerenahamI used to really like this server called as savage realms except it broke down. It was my dream server. What my dream server is about: Large Community (Not enjin), Towny, Easy mode, Chest Shops, Auctions, and good ideal prices in the spawn.

Wow, I can't believe it shut down... I used to love this server, too. You don't see much like it anymore. If someone could recreate it without the $500 donator ranks, that'd be amazing.

I dontated $100

Dang I think I played on that server before!
08/22/2014 9:32 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Crafter
Chikerenaham
I used to really like this server called as savage realms except it broke down. It was my dream server. What my dream server is about: Large Community (Not enjin), Towny, Easy mode, Chest Shops, Auctions, and good ideal prices in the spawn.
08/22/2014 9:35 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Wow, I can't believe it shut down... I used to love this server, too. You don't see much like it anymore. If someone could recreate it without the $500 donator ranks, that'd be amazing.
08/22/2014 9:47 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Crafter
Chikerenaham
I dontated $100 :P
08/22/2014 8:54 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
bump cause whay not.
08/22/2014 8:56 pm
Chron
Maybe because it hasn't been 24 hours?

I think you've got quite a bit of data, and to be honest, there are a lot of threads like this. If I wasn't on my phone, I would go dig you some up.
08/22/2014 6:42 pm
thatsnotskills
Anyone D:
08/21/2014 8:48 pm
thatsnotskills
Bump
08/20/2014 9:32 pm
Chron
A classic Towny server that follows the EULA, and has a dynamic player-run economy with ChestShop, McMMO, and MobArena.
08/21/2014 5:51 pm
thatsnotskills
good
08/20/2014 9:31 pm
thatsnotskills
bump
08/18/2014 5:22 pm
thatsnotskills
bump
08/17/2014 9:09 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
TheWombatDonut
The staff has to be a high council of nice and friendly unicorns
The people would be really friendly and awesome and would love wombats
Oh and the landscape has to be fluffy.
08/17/2014 9:06 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
Lilmoney78215
[]R4nd0m6000[]
Myra_MagnificentA true Hunger Games roleplay server. Like, you have to live in Panem and go to a reaping every week or so.

That's clever! And every donation of $10 would get you up a district, right?

Sounds Good

Yeh, I got all huffy when the first Hunger Games server I played on had 18 players and a grace period
08/17/2014 8:00 pm
thatsnotskills
[]R4nd0m6000[]
Myra_MagnificentA true Hunger Games roleplay server. Like, you have to live in Panem and go to a reaping every week or so.

Sounds Good
08/16/2014 9:43 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
[]R4nd0m6000[]
A server with factions, creative BUT also an RPG section. It would be nice. Also, helpful staff and cheap(er) donation perks. Like, the highest would be $120 instead of $500. And the perks not being stuff that would make you op, just perks. Like, the pets that you get don't damage other players in combat, but having the pet would give you an enchantment. (Wolf = Sharpness, Blaze = Fire aspect, etc.) I don't know if anyone would play it but me, but I'd call it MineSaga (cool right?)
08/16/2014 9:22 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
A true Hunger Games roleplay server. Like, you have to live in Panem and go to a reaping every week or so.
08/16/2014 9:44 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
[]R4nd0m6000[]
08/16/2014 7:47 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Engineer
dannyboy1102_
Maybe an acting server that you can act on stage.
08/16/2014 8:37 pm
Chron
I would love to see someone pull that off cleanly and efficiently.
08/16/2014 9:10 pm
thatsnotskills
Not sure How I could successfully fulfill that.
08/16/2014 7:38 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
zoossrocks
My dream server... Ahhh. It's perfect. Survival server that's whitelisted but not hard to get into. (To keep out trolls and get people that actually want to play) It would have a kind comunity, no ranks to get free stuff you have to earn your gear and make friends. A server were everyone mostly works together and not against. It would be completely vanilla with no lag and would be available 24/7. That would be my dream server.
08/23/2014 7:55 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
Yes yes yes yes yes
08/16/2014 5:01 pm
Level 26 : Expert Unicorn
Leeanne
Dude seriously. Someone needs to make a server dedicated to cats (aka the best server ever in Minecraft) like right now.
08/16/2014 7:29 pm
thatsnotskills
If they do let me know
08/16/2014 1:18 am
thatsnotskills
bump
08/14/2014 12:17 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
My dream server:
It was once open, but closed (sadly) but I'll tell my story anyway.

This server was special because the players and administrators were so friendly that it was like a dream (Seriously). They also teach'd me how to build on that server which not many servers offer.
The reason why this server was so special is because everyone were friends, and if a jerk appeared and said something stupid, the Administrators would just mute him.

I really miss that server. They made the server worth playing on, and I remember that I went home early from school just to play on that server.
08/16/2014 4:47 pm
thatsnotskills
I love servers like that I know how you feel.
08/14/2014 11:36 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Azureila
I really love servers that are just simple and small. Vanilla to Semi-vanilla. I really like the use of grief prevention plugins and servers that don't give out OP armor or anything of the sort the moment you join. That just kills it for me, as I prefer to build up. Minecraft's for playing, not being handed everything you play the game for! I also like good wholesome communities and admins who not only do their jobs well but engage the community.
08/14/2014 11:23 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Something like Planetside 2, but medieval.

3 factions, taking over bases/outposts, and the battle goes on forever.
08/16/2014 1:19 am
thatsnotskills
One of our servers is doing something similar to this and very unique I think a lot of people will like it!
08/14/2014 1:12 am
Level 35 : Artisan Architect
DarthNexxus
Ok so for my dream server i would like it to be a Story server abought well i will not get in to that its a big idea and it would take me a long time to tell you all lol i make games for a liveing you can find some of my games on steams green light my Co. Name is OSG or Old school gaming i do hard core story games like the witcher 1 and dragon age 1 and some older games as well if any one would like me to tell you all of my story just msg me and i will i will run this part by you tho its a story of a young mage in the time lost to all men were monsters rome and the skys are dark and were the rivers are red i have a lot more on the story but thats all for now it will be a story class server with a rpg like feel i would also get a boss plugin and a wepon master plugin well thats all for now cya.
08/14/2014 11:11 am
thatsnotskills
I'll check your games out
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome