1.8/1.9 Why they seem like they are from mods...

Lachie1770's Avatar Lachie17704/3/16 3:57 am
4/6/2016 7:52 pm
Foxy's Avatar Foxy
Lately I have been playing with chisel on 1.7.10, And after playing with it for a bit I found where the 1.8 and 1.9 textures for the new blocks came from... They came directly from chisel. And since 1.7.10 came out way back when, this explains where the textures came from...

Why does these updates take so long if they don't make there own textures? Cant The people who work on updates make there own textures anymore?

Oh heres the Proof: http://imgur.com/DCx4exL

As you can see the block textures are used in the later updates.. They are all called the same name too in chisel...

And Yes im using 1.7.10 Cause that's the best version for modding, Not because well 1.9 wasn't good at all, tho 1.8 was ok
Lachie1770
Level 44 : Master Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/03/2016 9:45 am
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
You know chisel got the textures from 1.8/9, not the other way around, right?
04/06/2016 7:21 pm
Lachie1770
If that was true how come we don't have that red sandstone? Anyway I highly dout chisel would go that low tbh.
04/06/2016 7:52 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
I'm going to assume we're thinking of the same "Chisel" mod but a link to the thing you're talking about would be helpful.
If you're asking why Chisel's red sandstone isn't the same as the default red sandstone, it's because Chisel simply chose not to use it. There's no law stating that if they use some official textures, they have to use all of them.
There's nothing really "low" about them using default textures in their mod either. As far as I'm aware, Mojang has no problem with people using their content as long as they're not charging for it.

On another note, I'll use andesite as an example since that's one of the blocks you give in the comparison image.
Chisel's own changelog here http://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patches-rel/chisel-t1681.html says that they added stone variants like andesite and polished andesite January 26th 2015. Andesite was added to Minecraft on January 9th 2014 in the first 1.8 snapshot http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/14w02a: over a year before it appeared in Chisel.
04/03/2016 9:03 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
ImHealthyWC
Seems like you guys are over-reacting this. At the end of the day no matter what you do under minecraft if you make a mods,cars,or command blocks then they have every reason to take it honestly if they think it's cool.

And why do you guys think Mojang has to ask? Unless there are copyright laws directly on the mods then Mojang could use it without asking. (If they can't tell me)

Why do they take so long? So people won't complain about how when they do constant updates and it doesn't come (every 5 weeks) on that week it's planned, WE ALL KNOW how the internet gets on that, Slow updates protect them more.

And honestly at the end of the day games will still take ideas from other games. Minecraft like games(Those Xbox arcade builders), Smash bros like games (brawlhalla and R.O.A)

Same as above...got there before me ;c
04/03/2016 8:56 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Dynit
Well there is always a chance that the vanilla textures may look similar to textures from mods but hey, it could be just me...
04/03/2016 8:54 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Skinner
Aiikona
Well first of all: Mojang OWNS Minecraft, people make mods FOR minecraft.. therefore since Mojang MADE people able to use mods, they should be able to use the textures. Secondly, minecraft takes so long to update because miencraft uses code and well removing a bug can take up to a million characters of code (even more)! Mojang wants to make sure most of the major bugs can be fixed before the updates are released. Also the mod makers could have added the textures from 1.8 so it seemed like you were already in 1.8 but you weren't you were just in a mod.
04/03/2016 8:44 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
HbTextures
I'm pretty sure chisel has the textures from Mojang and not the other way round, did you know that the new stones where added in early 2014?
04/06/2016 7:30 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
GG
04/03/2016 7:45 am
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
They took the horse texture from Mo' Creatures too.

Anyways, there shouldn't be a problem with it. I honestly like what Mojang has done and is doing so far. Also some ppl don't play modded so adding extra decorative blocks in the game is pretty OK

In my opinion, of course!
04/03/2016 8:53 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
C00mli
the createors of mo creatures gave mojang permission to use their textures and mechanics
04/03/2016 9:02 am
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
I know that
That's why I'm saying they didn't do anything "bad"
04/03/2016 5:00 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
Although I never heard of chisel before, I see no problem in using the textures. Mojang put them to good use by creating epic things like 1.9.
04/03/2016 5:32 am
Lachie1770
Well to be fair they were in a mod first, now suddenly they are in vanilla, I think that's a pretty cheap move considering how long updates take now days. I'm All in for new blocks etc, But not when the textures are taking from mods.... Cant they make there own textures for the vanilla game and leave mods alone.. I find it quiet wrong.
04/03/2016 5:29 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Modder
Chickens4Life
What things besides just putting the block into the game
04/03/2016 8:04 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
Well, they used the ender blocks to create awesome new structures for example.

Mojang does what m-o-dsdon't
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome