Adding Head Block Rotation To Block?3d_rotation

Hippopotamoss's Avatar Hippopotamoss3/16/24 5:58 pm history
3/16/2024 10:28 pm
Hippopotamoss's Avatar Hippopotamoss
Heyo,

I'm currently trying to create a mod version of my resource pack Randomly Rotating Flower Pots where the flower pot would be able to be rotated like a head block (skeleton, zombie, player, etc.).

However, I cannot seem to find out how to replicate the rotation system, let alone implement it into the flower pot.

I've tried digging into the vanilla files of the head block as well as other blocks that use a similar rotation system (banner, sign) but cannot find what they have in common or how they control the rotation.

I've also tried using MCreator but it doesn't seem to have an option to add that kind of rotation in its interface.

If anyone knows how I could achieve this that would be great! (also if it's possible in MCreator that would be preferable as I'm not super versed in Java)

EDIT: So I've got it to recognize the rotation blockstate in-game and the blockstate changes when I face a different direction, like it should. The issue I'm running into now is that the actual model isn't rotating with the blockstate
Hippopotamoss
Level 51 : Grandmaster Botanist