Experienced Programmer(s) Wanted for Large new Server

kid_Amazing's Avatar kid_Amazing11/13/12 9:31 pm
11/28/2012 7:59 pm
kid_Amazing's Avatar kid_Amazing
Hello,

Recently i have decided to further develop my server; by this i mean bring it out of beta mode. Im going big though! 24 gigs ram SSD and HDD for backups. The server is being maintained by a professional IT guy. I myself am the owner and manager. I am aiming for this to become a major server. ATM the server is quite small-being in beta- and usually only peaks at around 20 people. Over the past while my team has been working hard to prepare the new map and plugins, it looks amazing so far. However my programmer portion has been lacking; my programmer no longer has the time he used to, myself i only have basic knowledge of java and lack time. We have huge plans, one of them a huge plugin based off of factions, almost done but still requiring a few small additions and tweaks. We also have many other original ideas just waiting to be implemented. If you wish to become a member of the team let me know.

Please only apply if:
You are serious about the position
Are mature
Have a decent amount of time
Have experience programming

I will leave the application up to you, just be sure to include the usually things.

Some pictures:
Click to reveal

kid_Amazing
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/28/2012 7:59 pm
kid_Amazing
Bump
11/27/2012 6:26 pm
kid_Amazing
Bump
11/25/2012 9:58 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
neocrombie
I can Help you With some of the plugins I have worked with BeastCraft with there Plugins
And I can be on most of the day becuase I have nothing else to do so I hope you pick me
~Thanks
11/25/2012 9:53 pm
kid_Amazing
Bump
11/17/2012 11:58 am
kid_Amazing
Still Looking
11/16/2012 12:09 am
kid_Amazing
Thanks guys: sounds like we might have lost the nearly complete plugin completely, some kid rubbed a magnet all over my friends computer in class and he lost everything! We are trying to see if anything can be salvaged so fingers crossed. Fingers crossed, so we might be delayed even more. Anyway still looking,
11/15/2012 11:10 pm
Level 40 : Master Droid
number1_Master
kid_Amazing:
Besides asking if the person can code, ask if they know Java and have had experience with the bukkit api. The bukkit API is easy to learn, but to make big plugins like factions, MobArena, and more, you need a lot of Java experience and have to know the bukkit API inside and out.

I personally would apply, but I have little time and my own server to worry about. I do know the bukkit API very well and have great Java experience. In a week, if you still don't make up your mind (since I'm not free this week), private message me.
11/15/2012 11:08 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
WaterNode
I would, but this doesn't seem worth while, I am experienced with the Bukkit API, and you can't just "learn" the Bukkit API. I should be busy for awhile, message me if you would like me to help you out still within a week or so.
11/16/2012 12:10 am
kid_Amazing
Sounds good! Are you willing to be dedicated to the sever and help us further long too or just this plugin?
11/15/2012 10:00 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
thelifrs
IT person, Doesnt know how to program, Seems odd, Oh and for the plugins your going for, I'd think you'd need to like pay a programmer to make all that lol
11/15/2012 10:48 pm
kid_Amazing
Ik the IT person doesn't code, he is the one running the server. Not really, there are many people that enjoy coding as a hobby
11/15/2012 9:49 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Taco
Dabmaster133
You are serious about the position I would never joke
Are mature Yes im mature.. i act like an Adult
Have a decent amount of time Yes i love coding | | Made my own website
Have experience programming Yes ^

Extra Notes:

Please accept me ill be a great hand for you
11/15/2012 9:45 pm
kid_Amazing
Still Looking
11/14/2012 6:05 pm
kid_Amazing
Still Looking
11/13/2012 10:43 pm
kid_Amazing
Tough decision, I could take 2-3 people. But want to be sure with my choices, you can still apply if you haven't yet
11/13/2012 10:28 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Engineer
gokarter24
Are mature:Yes
Have a decent amount of time:Yes i can be on from about 4PM-10:30PM week days and 3:30PM Friday - 5AM Saturday and 12PM saturday-5Am Sunday.
Have experience programming:Yes i know html css and learning Java currently!
I have been looking for a big server to be apart of i think it would be fun and i think i could help a little better with your dedicated server. I know lots about them and how to optimize them to perform excellent while hosting many players/plugins!

Add me on skype:Balla2458
11/13/2012 10:25 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
CanIHazBlog
- Removed: I'm sure other people would have more time and be able to start sooner. -
11/13/2012 10:22 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
GreenGemExtreme
I would like to apply for the position. i can work atleast 3 hours a week usually more. i am an experienced coder with game design and i have worked part time on the star wars galaxies emulator project previously.
11/13/2012 9:35 pm
Level 41 : Master Ninja
hunturbo
Proffesional IT guy? seems legit
11/13/2012 9:37 pm
kid_Amazing
Sarcasm?
11/13/2012 9:40 pm
hunturbo
yes indeed but what do you need a programmer for im quite intrigued
11/13/2012 9:52 pm
kid_Amazing
Well it is legit, he's a friend i guess. Anyway its like a cross between towny and factions and kinda a bit of RP mixed in (this is for the PVP world). Anyway (from the players perspective) you begin by choosing 1 of 4 nations, each nation has special abilities, for example elves do more damage with bows. The map is split into 4 different quadrants (not physically) by putting the 0,0 coord into the config. Each quadrant holds a nation; when you are in your own nations quadrant you have more abilities; this encourages player to build in there own nation. Players can build anywhere they like although they are automatically aliened with the rest of the factions from their nation. And like i said before they are encouraged to build their faction in their nations quadrant. The nation also gets a overall K:D which increases their power. There is also a rebel faction that is similar to the original factions plugin except they have no alliances except the ones their faction chooses to make. There is a lot more but thats the basis. And as i say we dont have much left to do on it. The other plugins are interesting too, ill explain them to the programmer.

I apologize im not very good at explaining things, nor putting effort into my grammer.
11/13/2012 9:54 pm
hunturbo
Ok, sounds cool. Your server is pretty well rounded as well.
11/13/2012 9:58 pm
kid_Amazing
Thanks!
11/13/2012 9:33 pm
kid_Amazing
Oh obviously this would be bukkit, if you are unfamiliar no big deal, you can learn quickly (personal experience).
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome