Installing Forge

Cougar281's Avatar Cougar2813/13/23 4:41 pm
1 emeralds 108 1
3/20/2023 5:08 pm
Cougar281's Avatar Cougar281
I've been playing Minecraft on and off for a long time, mostly modded Minecraft like Tekkit way back and more recently Feed The Beast. It used to be fairly easy to mod Minecraft, but then Micro$oft got involved.

Anyway, I've started playing vanilla Minecraft from time to time because my daughter loves it. I'm trying to install Forge so that we can add Journeymap (something that should REALLY be a part of the vanilla game - having a map and waypoint ability like that is really a 'must have' IMO). Trying to install it on my machine, nothing happens. I right click > open with > 'Java Platform SE binary' and I get the spinning blue wheel for a fraction of a second and then nothing. No log, no error. Nothing at all. I've tried a number of different Java versions, tried the javaw.exe, java.exe, javews.exe, and nothing from any of them. On my daughters computer, which is only used for Minecraft at the moment, doing the same thing DID give me the Forge installer box with the option to install the client, server or extract. It seemed to work, although I did note a number of errors fly by in the output window, and at the end, it said it was successfully installed, but then I run the launcher, there are no references to Forge anywhere.

Does anyone have any ideas why it seems to not be behaving? Is there an alternate way to install it that I haven't found?
Cougar281
Level 1 : New Miner